New Forge World FAQ

Kabbala

The difference is the "Warhammer 40k" stamp of approval, essentially adding it to the DA codex.

The fact is you could always use it (the Mortis) in 'standard' 40K games. Stamp or no stamp, as the first page says, there is still the FW model permission thing to overcome. Be interesting to see if it swings in tournaments. My guess would be no. But you never know.

Until it's in the DA Codex proper – then it ain't a 'proper' DA Mortis :lol: [my misguided opinion of curse].

Cheers

I

The biggest problem you're going to encounter will be tournaments and competative, tournament players. The only truly Official rules are found in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook and the Codex for your army published by Games Workshop, by virtue of the 40k BRB directing you to use your Codex for army-specific rules. Anything else isn't officially Official, regardless of its being published by Forge World or their claim to "official"-ness.

I am disappointed.

The fact that it is still an Elites Choice and not a Heavy Support Choice is imo a mistake.

Also there is nothing at all to make it a special and unique Dreadnought.

I do not have my codex with me, but I believe it is still more expensive than a Psyfilman and nowhere near as good.

It's 135 points to make a GK Dread into a Mortis Pattern rip-off with two autocannons and psybolt ammo vs. 125 for the DA Mortis. Of course we can't get the S8 autocannons the GK Dread has, or it's special rules, but few armies in the game have as many special rules as the GK.

The fact that you can now use a true Mortis Pattern Dreadnought instead of the weak sauce version Vanilla Marines have to use should be unique enough. You are also a Dark Angel player. Man up.

I hope/wonder if this starts to add truth to rumors that have been flouting around that forgeworld may be usable same as codex in 6th ed. My two cents, and with hope it only gets better when a new codex comes out.

The biggest problem you're going to encounter will be tournaments and competative, tournament players. The only truly Official rules are found in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook and the Codex for your army published by Games Workshop, by virtue of the 40k BRB directing you to use your Codex for army-specific rules. Anything else isn't officially Official, regardless of its being published by Forge World or their claim to "official"-ness.

<sarcasm>

I agree, but in theory at the first page of that FAQ we have stated "As with all our models these should be considered ‘official’".

Next thing they say that we don't need to ask them for permission, we just need to make sure they are happy LOL:

", it’s best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forge World models"

I only wonder how we should achieve their happiness? Gifts, chocolates, maybe some cash.

I hate when FW does that. When they want people to buy their stuff saying that its all ok its "standard" and its "official", but not in 100%.

Now I'm going to print that thing, then I'll go to local hobby store, I'll find enemy then I'll inform him that I'm using FW rules, he will surely say NO.

Then I'll ask him if he will be happy if I won't punch him in the face and if he say "yes" then i'm gona field that mortis B)

</sarcasm>

:) Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. [Although I'd never condone the use of violence - and it ain't what we want to see on the B&C. So disagree on that bit :) even if said in jest]

Cheers

I

;) Couldn't agree more with the sentiment. [Although I'd never condone the use of violence - and it ain't what we want to see on the B&C. So disagree on that bit <_< even if said in jest]

Cheers

I

Just want say that I didn't punch anyone today :)

That was meant to be little exaggerated. I'm not using violence nor I'm supporting it and I'm not encouraging anyone to hit anyone.

If anyone from FW come here and for some really big accident read that post. I have an open letter for you:

PLEASE, PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC NEXT TIME. Stop with that if the opponent agree bla bla.

You have to face one thing. When I play at home with friends i don't even have to use your rules at all, I can use my minis to play chess or fancy checkers you don't need to remind me that.

If you decide to write rules, do it to the end. Not to the moment where you say that noone has to use those rules. That's inconsistent.

It really is a shame that more TO's do not consider allowing FW models in tournaments and leagues. It really does shake up the meta in a very good way. With FW models, you have older codices gain new, viable options. So instead of the same old, same old, you get new and fresh lists. I personally took the use of the word "official" and the 40k stamp as literally as I could; non-apoc FW models and army lists are legal in my tournaments and leagues as long as the player has 1) the book the rules come from, and 2)the FW model or one converted to the specific purpose. It works great, and the player response has been overwhelmingly positive. I have yet to have a player complain about it being unbalanced or anything.

FYI:

BA can only take Lucius Pods as dedicated transports in Apocalypse.

In normal 40k they cannot take them at all and the rest of us have to take them as FA choices.

Shouldn't be a problem for anyone really, I'd like to see a moreopen approach to tournaments, I might even compete in a few more if this were the norm.

IMHO FW helps to level the field not to upset it.(mostly :lol: )

Source: IA Apocalypse 2nd Ed

Stobz

Archived