Post YOUR successor

Augustus

So, I have my own successor Chapter. I try and try and try to flesh out the fluff for it and post it on the forum. However I fail.

With the (perhaps?) new codex coming out, I was thinking it would be cool to have the community post a snippet of their chapter?

I like the secret Legion concept..a lot and after reading the thread about the canon successors, I'm interested in yours Ill go first! :D

Angels of Ruination: 26th Founding

--Incredibly zealous and absolute in their Belief of the God-Emperor.

--Chaplain in charge of Dark Angels training cadre sees vision of the Emperor who dictates what will be latter called: The Epistles of Jeremiah

--Oddly, has great relations with the Ordos Hereticus.

--Has no Librarians except one appointed by the Dark Angels in order to ensure Dark Angels interests called the Curator

--Attempts to capture ANY renegades for interrogation.

--End times are near

--Specializes in ship boarding actions

--9 Cohorts instead of companies. Recruits are inducted into Cohorts directly.

--Hints of corruption by Tzeentch

--Inspired by 7th Day Adventist and other Christian Denominations and also a Spanish priest who converted to Islam in the 12th century.

A quote to leave on: There is nothing that keeps Traitor, the Mutant and the Alien at any one moment out of oblivion, but the mere pleasure of the God-Emperor."  There is no fortress that is any defense from the power of Him. Though hand join in hand, and vast multitudes of His enemies combine and associate themselves, they are easily shattered. They are as great heaps of light chaff before the whirlwind; or large quantities of dry stubble before devouring flames. Thus easy is it for Him, when he pleases, to cast His enemies down to Oblivion. And how it pleases him now... Who are those that would dare stand against Him? Him, whose rebuke the universe trembles and suns die? We, the granters of His Salvation. We, the enactors of His Will. We are the Angels of his Ruination and we shall bring forth Atonement...emanating from the barrel of a bolter and the teeth of a chainsword.

-Supreme Patriarch Leca, Vice Vicar of the Emperor, He Who Wields of the Scepter of Salvation, Grand Pontiff of the Angels of Ruination

Quote Inspired by Sinners in the Face of an Angry God

Haha. The Lion is innocent. Always. However his sons are not. :D

--Edit Sorry, I misunderstood

Well the hints are that I insinuate that the vision was a manipulation of Tzeentch and the Grand Master shares a name of Priest who converted...DUN DUN DUN!

Chapter: Knights of Calliban

Founding: 2nd

Home World: Fleet based

- specialize in ship to ship combat, still have several stormbirds in operation which makes them, more than other chapters, excel at sudden massive planetary assaults.

- chapter symbol is a blood red sword

- charged by the keeper of truth to use their fleet to cast their net wide for signs of the fallen

- Most brothers in the chapter prefer to use a sword or bladed weapon in close combat, obvious exceptions being tactical terminators

Quote - "We are the bloodied sword of the Lion and we will not sheath our blades until all of his enemies lay dead at our feet."

Chapter Name: The Desert Angels

Home world : Saharran V -

Founding: 5th Founding by default.

Colors: Being based on a Desert planet, the majority of the Marine Armour is Desert Sand colour, Shoulder Pad coloring designated assignments and capabilities within the chapter.

Saharran V is a Desert planet that is very High in mining Resources. Except for the main spaceport, virtually all settlements are built underground in mines.

Due to its vital importance as a supply of valuable minerals and ores, Saharran V was extremely well defended by a contingent of Dark Angels (3-4 companies) , Blood Angels (1-2 companies) and Imperial Guard(mostly Armoured forces). All forces were extremely well equipped with the latest equipment.

The Dark Angels built a large fortress Monastary withing a huge mining/settlement complex that included processing and production facilities.

The Chaos Gods however coveted this planet. Their corruption started first in the lower classes of workers and eventually consumed entire settlements and mining complexes. At first these were considered abberations and handled seperately, finally it dawned upon the Marines what was really happening. Not wanting to allow Chaos to thrive, yet unable to leave the planet due to extremely severe Warp Storms, the Marines Retreated to their Fortress Monastary. They inspected and chose the best of the untainted populace. Rigorously examining them for any sign of Chaos Taint. When the Number of Civilian and Marines reached 10,000, they shut the Gates of the Monastary. Sealing the complex completely from the outside world. The Marines then declared the Surface Exterminatus, and Set of Viral bombs in all remaining Settlements.

The Chaos Gods were infuriated at the loss of so much of their effort, in a mighty storm the planet was ripped from normal time-space and set adrift in the Warp. Periodically, the planet would emerge from the warp rift for a period of time, sometimes years. But with no fleet craft capable of warp travel, and no way to contact the imperium, the planet of Saharran V was effectively cut off from all external contact. This occured during the time of the 5th founding.

The chapter is extremely unique as it includes elements of Dark Angels, as well as Blood Angels. The Masters were extremely careful to preserve both sets of gene-seed, and the combined force has become a single unit. Also unique is the 11th company or the Recruit Company. The 11th Company consists of Humans who have joined the fight, this is the remnants of the former Imperial Guard detachments assigned to the planet. The 11th company consists mostly of Armoured and Artillery Companies.

The entire Desert Angel force is mechanized, using Rhinos, Razorbacks, Landraiders, and Thunderhawks. Similarly, the entire 11th Company is also completely mechanized.

While the standard Companies are limited to 100 Marines each, the 11th Company has no limit.

The First Company is a Deathwing Variant, consisting of Veterans in TDA.

The Second Company is a Ravenwing Variant, all mounted on bikes and speeders.

The Third Company is composed of the Blood Angels, and is an Assault Company, mounted in Tanks and Flyers.

The Fourth Company is a Standard Battle Company

The Fifth Company is a Standard Battle Company

The Sixth Company Consists of Tactical Marines

The Seventh Company Consists of Devastator Squads

The Eigth Company Consists of Assault Squads.

The Ninth Company Consists of Heavy Support Tank Squadrons.

The Tenth Company are scouts.

The 11th Company is the Imperial Guard.

The Marines and Guard due to the unique and cramped living arrangements have become fully integrated into regular Civilian Society as it still exists inside the Mountain that contains the fortress Monastary. Civilians as well as Marines hold political office within the community. All however are ruled by the Grand Master Council of Marines. There have even been marriages and unions between Marine and Civillian, although the number of successful births have been very minimal and highly observed and monitored. The community is constantly on the watch for Chaos Taint.

The Sarafan Order:

Origins

When the chaos gods scattered the Fallen across the galaxy they left Luther behind. Nightfall, the sword Luther wielded in combat against The Lion was scattered across the Galaxy as well. For many hundreds of years the Dark Angels and their successors searched for Nightfall.

The Guardians of the Covenant where especially fanatic in their search for Nightfall and scoured the galaxy. They finally found it on the desolate world of Nosgoth. Hidden deep within the mountains of Nosgoth they found Nightfall, embedded in a rock. When to company master leading the expedition tried to free Nightfall from the rock his soul was drained from his body and absorbed into the sword. From that day on the blade is known as the Soul Reaver.

Realizing that is was impossible to move the sword from its place The Guardians of the Covenant build a fortress monastery to guard the Soul Reaver. The construction of the fortress was finished just in time as a Chaos raiding party made planetfall on Nosgoth. Their objective was clear; to retrieve the Soul Reaver and use its power against the Imperium. After a hard fought and cruel battle the chaos marines were repulsed but it clear that Nosgoth needed to be reinforced further against future attacks.

When the High Lords of Terra decided that another founding of space marines was needed, the gene-seed of The Guardians of the Covenant was selected for the creation of a successor chapter. Thus The Sarafan Order was founded. The Sarafan Order was placed under tutelage of The Guardians of the Covenant. When The Sarafan Order had reached full battle strength they were introduced to the secret that lay on the world of Nosgoth. The chapter made Nosgoth their home world and greatly reinforced its defenses.

While only the highest members of The Sarafan Order know about the Soul Reaver and its history all marines of the chapter know that the deepest vault under the Sarafan Citadel may never be breached. While most of the higher circles within The Unforgiven chapters know about the Soul Reaver, few other chapters have a clue as to what The Order is guarding.

The closest chapter to ever discovering the Soul Reaver is The Relictors. They know that The Order is guarding an artifact of great power and wish to use it against the forces of Chaos. Their desire to posses the Soul Reaver has lead to a series of clashes between The Order and The Relictors. The relictors have even pleaded with The Inquisition to support them in their cause, but their case was not helped by the fact that The Relictors are under scrutiny of The Inquisition themselves.

Combat doctrine

The Sarafan Order is tasked to defend the Soul Reaver and this is reflected in their battles. They first allow the opponent to break themselves on their defenses. After the enemy’s attack had faltered they strike back with their terminators and bikes.

Home world

The home world of The Sarafan Order is the planet Nosgoth. When The Guardians of the Covenant first found the planet is was a rugged, feral world. About half of the world is covered by water, while the other half is covered by a single mountainous landmass. Underneath these mountains are great caverns and tunnels that connect to form an underground maze. Within one of these caverns lies the Soul Reaver.

On the tallest of the mountains sit great fortress monasteries that guard Nosgoth against attackers.

Organization

The Sarafan Order follows that Codex Astartes in the same way the Dark Angels follow the Codex. Their first and second companies consist entirely out of terminators and bikes respectively. Unlike the Dark Angels however the first and second companies don’t have different colour schemes.

The task of the first company is to seek out and destroy anyone who may pose a threat to the Soul Reaver. Because of this task they are called The Sarafan inquisition. Because of their task the first company travels across the galaxy and thus has their own division of tanks, land speeders and other support vehicles. Furthermore is their company accompanied by techmarines who are allowed to wear terminator armour. These techmarines act as sergeants of terminator squads. This organization allows them to function completely independently of the rest of the chapter in their search for enemies of The Order.

Beliefs

The Sarafan Order beliefs that the Soul Reaver may never fall into the wrong hands, for it would pose too great a danger to The Imperium. They will go to any lengths to prevent anyone from obtaining the Soul Reaver. They will kill allies or civilians is it will keep the Soul Reaver save. This had lead to numerous clashes between The Order and the marines of The Relictors.

To them, the end justifies the means.

Gene-seed

The gene-seed of The Sarafan Order is offspring of The Guardians of the Covenant. Whose gene-seed in turn comes from the Dark Angels them self. This means that the gene-seed of the Sarafan Order has no known deficiencies.

Chapter symbolThe chapter symbol of The Sarafan Order is a depiction of the Soul Reaver. This is to remind them why they fight and why they never may falter in their line of duty.

Battle cry

Vae Victus – Woe to the conquered.

Wow. These are some excellent successors.

I like how you both incorporated secrets to your chapters. Both are very unique. MOOOOORE ;D

@Droma

Are not stormbirds inferior to thunderhawks?

Ahem, guys.

Space Marines are not used for garrison or guard duty. It's waste of their abilities and potential. That's why the Imperium keeps the Imperial Guard around - please note the 'guard' in the name.

When the planet is swallowed by warp, then it's over. There are these nasty creatures called Chaos Daemons, who have voracious appetite for souls of mortals and don't care for physical defences, so if the F-M was not protected by Gellar Field, and that's highty doubtful, then there is no way for Desert Angels to survive for more than... hmmm... week at best, if the daemons are in mood.

@aekold

That's nice McGuffin you have here. ^_^ Except, why would the Unforgiven care for a sword?

Btw, Nightfall couldn't be scattered, unless it was not broken into pieces.

~NightrawenII.

The Guardians of the Covenant where especially fanatic in their search for Nightfall and scoured the galaxy. They finally found it on the desolate world of Nosgoth. Hidden deep within the mountains of Nosgoth they found Nightfall, embedded in a rock. When to company master leading the expedition tried to free Nightfall from the rock his soul was drained from his body and absorbed into the sword. From that day on the blade is known as the Soul Reaver.

I've not read the story yet as the book still hasn't arrived, but does that tie in with this? http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Let_The_Ga...The_Black_Pearl

Not sure if that's considered non-canon or not but I noticed in the Lexicanum article on the Fallen that a DA Chaplain found Luther's sword and not GotC citing this story as the reference.

Chapter Name: Angels of Resolution

Homeworld: Palthos (ice world)

Founding: 23rd Founding (the Sentinel Founding)

Battle Cry: Honor the Lion!

Chapter Master: Grand Master Borovich

Chapter Colors: Purple with silver trim, Deathwing in bone white, Ravenwing in black

The Angels of Resolution were founded during the second half of the 37th millennium, during the time when many chapters were created due to heavy losses throughout the Imperium. It was hoped that the Angels of Resolution would join their brother chapters on eternal crusades to combat the many foes of mankind, but once the Dark Angels and the Inner Circle of the Unforgiven learned that Dark Angel geneseed had been used to build the chapter, the Angels of Resolution were brought into the folds of the Unforgiven.

At the time, only the Grand Master and his two closest subordinates, the Masters of the 1st and 2nd companies, were told of the First Legion's dark secret. The decision was made immediately to join forces with the other Unforgiven Chapters and bring swift justice to the remaining Fallen scattered throughout the galaxy. Over the centuries, the Grand Masters of the chapter have passed on knowledge of the Fallen to all the Company Masters, as well as selected members of the 1st and 2nd companies. Currently, Deathwing Captain Falkov, master of the 1st Veteran Company, coordinates the hunt for the Fallen within their own chapter. Grand Master Borovich uses any opportunity to hunt the Fallen as a test to prove their honor to the Inner Circle and the other Unforgiven Chapters, while also maintaining their original pledge at the chapter's inception to crusade against the foes of mankind. In doing so, the Angels of Resolution have been able to demonstrate a steadfast loyalty to the Imperium, while conducting their own search for any leads in hunting the Fallen. This has further lead to great respect and admiration to other forces of the Imperium, and also to the planets and peoples they have liberated.

Palthos itself is a civilized ice world, rich in minerals and raw materials. Every other year potential recruits are examined to see if they are worthy to join the Chapter, involving both physical and mental tests. Those who do not make the cut are encouraged to join the ranks of the Imperial Guard, and although they are shamed by not being accepted as aspirants for the Chapter, they take great honor serving in the military. The population of Palthos is not very large, approximately 20 million people, but they are raised in a tough environment, and are hardworking people. Most children dream of becoming one of the "walking statues", a common term applied to the Space Marines of the Chapter, so competition is fierce to be picked as an aspirant.

I knew that there would be criticism when I saw you had posted :lol:

Oh, my wings engulf all the heavens and there is no hide from my ever watchful gaze. :)

Did you read the Gildar Rift, NightrawenII?

No.

Entertain me, so I can go and complain to Miss Cawkwell. :)

~NightrawenII.

I knew that there would be criticism when I saw you had posted :P

Oh, my wings engulf all the heavens and there is no hide from my ever watchful gaze. :P

Did you read the Gildar Rift, NightrawenII?

No.

Entertain me, so I can go and complain to Miss Cawkwell. :)

~NightrawenII.

I suspect Augustus is referring to the fact that the Silver Skulls have actively chosen to patrol the Gildar Rift sector of space. They've done this in part because it's in what they consider to be 'their' territory, but also mostly because it means they get to flex their Adeptus Astartes muscle and give pirates and Other Bad Guys a good shoeing.

I quote.

Relishing the challenges that maintaining peace in the sector offered, the Silver Skulls had long ago set themselves to the task of patrolling the Gildar Rift. Other chapters of the Adeptus Astartes would rarely volunteer themselves for such a plain, inglorious duty. But the Silver Skulls considered the sector as part of their territory. And the Silver Skulls were proud.

Archived