Bran Redmaws SW a start finally

Raptor013

Hi all,

First time poster long time reader/viewer.

Here's the start of my Space Wolf army (Bran Redmaw company) test models of my first Grey hunters. All C+C welcome please let me know what you think. The plan is to paint a unit before getting another unit and then painting that unit etc etc until I have finally got a painted 1500-2000 point army fully painted and not a few units painted and thousand or so points of unpainted models.

Heres the models please let me know what you think.

gallery_59142_6970_78776.jpg

gallery_59142_6970_3311.jpg

gallery_59142_6970_36990.jpg

Thanks for all your comments, please keep them coming.

As for the Black Wolf's helm I was trying something differen, to see if it would work or not. I am still undersided myself to be fair.

I will get the other 2 Grey hunters done in the next few evenning and will post them and the whole sqaud up.

thanks again.

Yep, really good models and bases. You bring the squad to life with the individuality and the posing, well done.

If you intend to keep the black helmet I recommend adding some bold highlights to bring it into the same colour and light 'range' as the rest of the models. It currently looks like an unfinished bit on an otherwise cool model.

stobz

Yep, really good models and bases. You bring the squad to life with the individuality and the posing, well done.

If you intend to keep the black helmet I recommend adding some bold highlights to bring it into the same colour and light 'range' as the rest of the models. It currently looks like an unfinished bit on an otherwise cool model.

stobz

Thanks for the tips I will give it a go - I was also looking at given it a red maw but will see how the model goes when it gets back on the painting table. The TDA WG is coming along slowly, but I should have it done before the weekend and will post it up for your comments.

Thanks again for all your comments, please keep them coming.

Really good squad here. A couple of things to consider:

1. adding some grey to the oldies' hair, nobody gets that bald without a touch of silver :D

2. when doing a snowy base don't forget to add a bit of ice, you can do this with an ice blue or turquoise water effect, or using thinned pva glue for this might work too

3. Try adding a touch of turquoise to your black lining to make more realistic shading.

More please.

Really good squad here. A couple of things to consider:

1. adding some grey to the oldies' hair, nobody gets that bald without a touch of silver :teehee:

2. when doing a snowy base don't forget to add a bit of ice, you can do this with an ice blue or turquoise water effect, or using thinned pva glue for this might work too

3. Try adding a touch of turquoise to your black lining to make more realistic shading.

More please.

DarkMark

Thanks for the advice I hadn't not thought of adding a bit of ice but I will do. I am currently waiting on some snow effect from CMorN. And was going to give it a go but in the mean time I will def give it a go with thinned pva or turquoise water effect. The current snow just doesn't give them enough deepth in my opinion. As for the hair they are all in denial ;),lol but fair point and will add some fleck's of grey in. Thanks for your advice really appreciate it.

Archived