Night Lords , Spiky or not?

Pleasuredome

Probably depends of what fraction of the NL we speak of. Just as different fractions o the Alpha Legion can be more or less corrupted by Chaos. When it comes to the NL how ever i'm thinking more chains and trophy racks than just spiky bits.

I'd say false.

Considering we were among the spiky marine gang in 2nd ed. With the other legions. I find it strange that someone would claim this. Could it be a misunderstood reference to the anti-chaos view that the NL have in the fluff?

Night Lords use spikes and trophy racks as any other chaos marines do. Some might use none, but others are quite bedecked. I'm not a fan of trophy racks in general and tend to not use em, though that goes for most chaos marines I've built.

My guess is they read soul hunter were the NL Atramar (sp???) are described as wearing capes and the Black Legion Termies are described as having outlandish trophy racks.

But really it doesn't mean anything. IIRC Vraal had trophy racks and he was Atramar.

So ignore them if you like racks.

Could it be a misunderstood reference to the anti-chaos view that the NL have in the fluff?

I think this is the reason.

Basicly I avoid anything that keeps them miniatures (especialy vehicles) to fit in a GW miniatures case..

but I am quite sure that these will be my first spiked CSM rhinos.

Thanks for the feedback.

Basicly I avoid anything that keeps them miniatures (especialy vehicles) to fit in a GW miniatures case..
That is a very good point for Chaos miniatures in general, it is also the main reason why I didn't put trophy racks on my Termies - because as much as I'd love to, they would simply break off. :lol:

That is a very good point for Chaos miniatures in general, it is also the main reason why I didn't put trophy racks on my Termies - because as much as I'd love to, they would simply break off. :blink:

Second this. I just removed all the spikybits from a Landraider, where there were over 60 broken spikes, and more spike strips had all spikes missing than were intact...

One of the good things about the old metal termis is that their spikes are very hard to break, unlike plastic ones.

Spikky !

With lot's of skulls, stripped skins, cutted heads, etc... There is no correlation between trusting/worshipping gods and wearing those "trophies". They still hate the emperor, they still strip off any eagles sign.

• 2 weeks later...

They should look scary no matter what. The night lords either use fear as a tool or are addicted to it, either way they need to look scary. So sure go with spikes or anything else that will scare people. A 9 foot tall killing machine looks scariest when it's covered in spikes and skulls, not flowers.....

Glory to the Dark Gods!

Chaotic

Although I would find a 9-foot tall killing machine dressed in flowers pretty intimidating...it just screams: "I'm extremely unpredictable"...

That's true... It then could either kill you or prance around on a robot unicorn.

Chaotic

Although I would find a 9-foot tall killing machine dressed in flowers pretty intimidating...it just screams: "I'm extremely unpredictable"...

That's true... It then could either kill you or prance around on a robot unicorn.

Chaotic

I see were this is going :lol:

Back on topic, I see the Night lords using anything to cause more fear and terror among the enemy. Spikes with trophy on them fills the terror causing weapon nicely.

I see were this is going ;)

Back on topic, I see the Night lords using anything to cause more fear and terror among the enemy. Spikes with trophy on them fills the terror causing weapon nicely.

:D It's all so CLEAR now! Konrad Curze isn't just Batman! He's the Joker, too!

No wonder he was so messed up.

And now I know how to do my Chosen!

Archived