Sternguard squad

Archangelus

Hi,

I finished today my Sternguard squad (apart from basing and chapter symbol). I have posted two of them before but I retouched them a bit.

It feels great to have a squad finished after a long time without painting any models!

I am having a bit of a problem with the name. I have tried a few (Sons of Icarus, Pyre Guard, Ravagers) but I can't decide. Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Group photo

gallery_3558_703_883918.jpg

Sternguard 1

gallery_3558_703_246655.jpg

Sternguard 2

gallery_3558_703_1555649.jpg

Sternguard 3

gallery_3558_703_1659397.jpg

Sternguard 4

gallery_3558_703_2488946.jpg

Sternguard 5

gallery_3558_703_144410.jpg

I am having a bit of a problem with the name. I have tried a few (Sons of Icarus, Pyre Guard, Ravagers) but I can't decide. Any suggestions would be very welcome, as would be any comments and criticism:)

Cheers,

Archangelus

Nice. I'm a big fan of clean color schemes with contrasting, but not clashing, colors.

For the name. One option that works nicely is to think of some cheesy two word name and stick one of the words through an English to Latin translator. For example: Victory Guard (blah!) becomes Laurus Guard (intriguing.)

• 1 month later...

Mate these are lovely!

Hhmm name, name, name.. They are count as Templars right? What about: "The Sentinels of Antioch"?

I tend to pick a cool themed word and try various permutations until it sounds natural. So for a classical ultra founding chapter maybe Corinth, Sons of Corinth, the Corinthian Legion etc. It's so personal though you have to give it a crack yourself. Anyway totally awesome marines!

Thanks for the kind and encouraging comments!

By the way, they will not count as BT, just plain Codex SM. I am still working on the background, but they will be Imperial Fists successors.

At the moment I am thinking of them as "Ravagers", but I like the "Sentinels" bit... hmmm... I'll see what I can come up with.

Cheers,

Archangelus

Archived