Move and shoot for fast tanks?

grandmaster lisander

a friend and myself had a disagreement about the rules for the blood angels vehicles, namely the Baal class pred. its listed as being a fast tank, it’s been about a year since my last game so I’m a little rusty on the new rules for 5th ed. but I believe if a fast vehicle doesn’t move flat out it can still fire one weapon. My friend argued that since it’s also a tank it can’t move more than 6 inch and fire a weapon. If anyone can point me in the right direction id be obliged.

I have checked the FAQ on the games workshop site and I’ve skimmed through my 5TH ED BA codex but I seem to be missing any explanation for this.

Look at the p. 70 of Core Rulebook:

"FAST VEHICLES FIRING

Fast vehicles may move and fire more effectively than other types of vehicles.

Fast vehicles that move at combat speed may fire all of their weapons, just like other types of vehicles that have remained stationary (including ordnance barrage weapons, which cannot usually be fired on the move). Fast vehicles that move at cruising speed may fire a single weapon (plus all defensive weapons, just like other types of vehicle moving at combat speed).

Fast vehicles moving flat out may fire no weapons."

Also at p. 73 there is a table named "VEHICLE MOVING & SHOOTING SUMMARY CHART" -- show it to your opponent and ask him to find a word "tank" in it :cuss.

Archived