Blood Angels - My first W40k Army

drizzt85

They look like a solid table top quality BA force. There are a few things you could do to improve on them and make them even better. You said you were going to base them, and that's a good start. Try to borrow or buy a pin vice to drill out the barrels too.

The red armor looks a little flat, no dimension. You can use washes to give the models some depth and shading. You can use any wash, including black, or any of the brown washes. The washes will get in the cracks, like in the panels of the thighs and arms, and also along the edges of the shoulder pads.

In fact you could even try to paint the shoulder pad trim black, just to break up some of the red.

You could also highlight the armor with a brighter shade of red or orange.

The eyes, although clean and neat, seem dull and flat. Try using a brighter green in the center or front of the lenses to make them pop.

EDIT: looking more closely, I think you did in fact hight light the armor. It's probably just the lighting in the picture that made it hard to see it. In which case I would suggest giving them a wash and then highlighting again.

Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.

I actually came to the same conclusion about the red myself over the last few days. So Ive decided t repaint them as knights of blood. A) cos red is such a pain in the *** and :devil: it breaks it up a bit more. I also just got meself some washes this morning so gonna give that a go too.

Ill post new pics once theyre done

Archived