Pre-Heresy Truescale Alpha Legion Terminators.

Redfinger

**First off, let me start by saying , I did not sculpt these bodies, I do not know who did, and I dont have any more of them, they were given to me by the client**

It has been a while since I posted any work, I thought this project was pretty cool so I thought I would throw up some WIP pics. What I am working on is a Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion Chaplin and Librarian in True Scale terminator armor.

The plan for the Chaplin is going to be your typical Chaplin, skulls and scrolls. As I have looked at a lot of pre-heresy art work for inspiration I am seeing big and bulky, so there will also be lots of studs and armor plates. So the first thing that is going to get modeled on the Chaplin is some skull-crested grieves. To accomplish this I made a quick press mold of some skulls;

2012-02-17%2016.21.01.jpg

2012-02-17%2020.54.26.jpg

I will get to work on the skulls tomorrow once the Aves sets fully. In the meantime here is a quick mock-up of how the Chaplin will look;

2012-02-17%2020.51.22.jpg

Also in the mix is a Librarian. First thing to do is model the psychic hood, there is obviously more detail to add, but this is more or less where it sits now;

2012-02-17%2020.51.56.jpg

2012-02-17%2020.53.31.jpg

The power cables have been scraped off so that I can sculpt some horns attached to the skull on the chest, the client wanted lightning bolts as well, but it is going to be tight, we will see what happens. I am hoping to finish these pretty quick so check back for some updates!

Ashton

Made some more progress on the Librarian today just the start of a chapters symbol on the leg, and the lighting bolts on the other one;

2012-02-18%2013.37.47.jpg

2012-02-18%2013.40.39.jpg

Also the skull molds did not turn out quite like I was hoping, so I am scratching that idea but I have another.

@kenaz, when I post my next round of photos/updates I will include a comparison shot.

Ashton

Archived