Angels Sanguine 10th Company

Journeyman

Just curious.

I read, "10th Chapter hosts the scouts but not all are neophyte marines" IA Angels Sanguine and thought I'd find out some more.

I have used 'searchy' on this forum but alas no luck. Lots of hits for 'scout' or 'Sanguine' (no surprise) and 'company' but I am looking for some info on the Angels Sanguine 10th Company. Some interesting threads on the use of scouts.

I am not a devout or even casual Blood Angel follower so no codex at hand.

I was wondering are they like to SW scouts? Are they a troop choice?

If anyone has a link or background and perhaps some photos, it would be appreciated.

By, "IA: Angels Sanguine" I assume you are referring to the one I posted here on the B&C some time ago. First off, that's unofficial and actually not fully consistent with the fluff that's included in the current codex. So, take that with a big grain of salt.

Second, my comment concerning the role of Scouts in the 10th Company is conceptually a copy of the same role from Index Astartes: Angels of Death (IA II, Phil Kelly 2001), i.e. IA: Blood Angels. GW offered that article for download at one time but that's since been removed. You can find copies at eBay if you're lucky. It's a great buy if you're interested in rounding out your BA fluff.

But still, the gist of the idea is that scouts, in the Chapter structure of BA, take on a more extensive role than in other Chapters. In general, scouts are marines who have yet to receive the, "black carapace" or the organic interface that allows them to use Astartes Power Armor. In the case of BA, some scouts willfully look at their role as scouts as their career vocation. They do this because they long to use their covert skills to enter close quarters and get their hands bloody in the, "wet work" that follows.

So in short, scouts in BA are a very fluffy unit no matter which successor Chapter you choose, especially those with bolt pistol and ccw. You can work in their vocational posture in any way that makes sense on the table.

I hope that helps. Cheers, -OMG

Brilliant! Thanks OwlandMoonGuy.

That does round off the crux of the inquiry. It was the article you mentioned that piqued my interest. I may have to purchase the current codex round off the detail.

I like scouts and have researched much about them on this site so was looking at the multitude of options.

Cheers

Archived