assualt lancers....

Inquisitor_Lensoven

i was thinking of using flying bases to mount some assault marines, but instead of chainswords, give them lances, that the plunge into the enemy as they descend.

has any one seen or done something similar and have pics? i would kind of like to see how it turned out if done before. (unfortunately things are a bit more expensive here than they are back home so i don't want to spend money on a WHFB knight set just for the lances if i'm not going to like the look.)

Hey mate!

If I got you right, you want to make something similar to my DIY Sanguinor.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6857209687_f4923b2be7_d.jpg

Although he has a glaive, not a lance (and the latter is easier to make in my opinion), you may see how long pole could be done. I had to butcher three glaives encarmine to make this one, but the result is more than satisfactory :D

Hey mate!

If I got you right, you want to make something similar to my DIY Sanguinor.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6857209687_f4923b2be7_d.jpg

Although he has a glaive, not a lance (and the latter is easier to make in my opinion), you may see how long pole could be done. I had to butcher three glaives encarmine to make this one, but the result is more than satisfactory :D

you got me right, that is for sure. beautiful model, thanks for the pic. i was thinking something more along the lines of a traditional lance though.

Thanks! For your goal I think than GK halberds should do fine. You will need to file down their wrist mounted bolters and replace the blades from the tips of the poles to their lower ends. Or if you want to make proper lances with the respective spear heads you could make some with Green Stuff, it should be easy enough, spear head is not a blade after all :lol:

Archived