Piglett's WIP

Super-Piglett

Abaddon counts as, since I don't plan to use his head, I just dislike it.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/13584?browseid=590681

I very much like how that head looks on the model, and I think I will try it out on mine.

Paint scheme is inspired by the Luna Wolves, but this isn't going to be a pre-heresy army or anything.

gallery_63597_6987_1671278.jpg

gallery_63597_6987_943632.jpg

gallery_63597_6987_2412071.jpg

Very much WIP, but mostly base coated, minus the cables.

gallery_63597_6988_551188.jpg

gallery_63597_6988_694736.jpg

gallery_63597_6988_1227589.jpg

Pictures on the terminator didn't turn out as good. Was my first go with Army Painter quick shade. I used the Strong tone, which isn't what they recommend for white. I dipped him and then shook him a bit, but otherwise didn't do much with it. I think next time I try it, I will try to thin it a bit and probably apply it with a brush for a little more control.

Got some bits on the way for a few Obliterators, they are going to be some kind of traitor guard heavy weapon squad conversion.

Thanks for looking, comments/criticism welcome.

gallery_63597_6988_2145537.jpg

gallery_63597_6988_1459260.jpg

First off, some progress on the Talon of Horus.

gallery_63597_6988_54930.jpg

gallery_63597_6988_2301887.jpg

The first Berserker I finished in my color scheme. For some reason it was really hard to get even a decent picture of him, camera shy I guess. I took like 30 pictures and this was the best I got.

gallery_63597_6988_1686131.jpg

gallery_63597_6988_1267691.jpg

Very rough idea of what my planned Obliterator conversion is going to look like. I have some Forgeworld renegade bodies on the way that I will mix in, along with some Pig Iron heads.

The plan will be to have one of either Las Cannon, Multi Melt, Plasma Cannon on a tripod, 2 guys with either Melta, Plasma, or Flamer, then a leader in back with a Power Fist on each base.

Couple questions.

1. Do you feel that this is close enough to WYSIWYG for an Obliterator?

2. Any tips on what to use to conver to the tripod mounted Multi Melta and Plasma Cannon? I picked up a Devastator version of each, and that is going to be harder to pull off than I thought. I have a Multi Melta from a Land Raider, which I think will work a lot easier, but I don't have anything for the Plasma Cannon.

3. Most importantly, do you think it will be cool when finished? :lol:

For next time, I picked up a real cheap Khârn. He was missing his Plasma Pistol arm and his head :lol:. He will be leading my army, so when I get him, and see what I want to do with him I will show you.

And, lastly the only bit of fluff I have going thus far is on the color scheme. Basically the colors in order of importance White, Black, Red. White being the lowest, while Red, being the color of blood is the highest. This is my explanation why the chainsword has a bit of red on it, and his CC arm is mostly black. Whereas a power fist is going to be almost completely red. Most importantly though, I will just go with what I think looks cool, but try to follow it on the whole.

Archived