Heresy Era Ultramarines Captain.

DaemonPrinceDargor

Beautiful work.

I love the underslung combi-Melta. Is the bolter itself from Forge World or an original RT one?

That, I'd reckon, is from the 2011 FW MKIII boarding marine. It looks to have been removed from the hand and had a grip added, as well as the strap. RT bolters have magazines much closer to the front of the gun, iirc.

Beautiful work.

I love the underslung combi-Melta. Is the bolter itself from Forge World or an original RT one?

That, I'd reckon, is from the 2011 FW MKIII boarding marine. It looks to have been removed from the hand and had a grip added, as well as the strap. RT bolters have magazines much closer to the front of the gun, iirc.

I have the boarding marine, and the melta barrel is not that large on it. Looks to me to be a FW bolter with an infernus pistol (from the Death Company sprues) chopped up and stuck underneath

Some very nice work, a couple of critiques though;

The highlighting is a bit abrupt in parts, I can appreciate the high contrast highlighting, but there is a rather abrupt transition on the highlighting at some points, in particular the area around the left hand, the helmet and collar.

The powersword is very well blended, but I am not thrilled on the color choice, the purples and blues are a little too close on the color wheel, perhaps pushing that purple to some pink highlight would have been better

Lastly the bolter, I like the conversion, but in comparison to the rest of the model the paint job is rather blah, and the highlights dont match.

Ashton

Beautiful work.

I have the boarding marine, and the melta barrel is not that large on it. Looks to me to be a FW bolter with an infernus pistol (from the Death Company sprues) chopped up and stuck underneath

Fair point. I stand corrected, brother. :lol:

Archived