Lists other than DoA or Razor Spam

Thornoo1

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've been here. I got my hands on an Ork Army. Painting blog here Linky

So one of the things that is bringing me back to BA is that I have added 3 drop-pods and a 2nd landraider to my collection. Over the past few years since the new codex dropped I have been playing almost exclusively DoA and Razor Spam lists. I have to admit my interest in these lists has waned and Orks have been so much damn fun that I haven't looked at my BA for over 6 months.

I would like your advice on some lists that are viable that are not variations of DoA or Razor Spam. I'm looking at running (funnily enough) a 3 drop pod , with dreads, and 2 landraider list. How does this shape up on the table as far as competitiveness? Also what other viable builds does the BA codex put out there?

so its something like 3 melta dreads 2 ras in LR crusaders mefiston ? well razors/rhinos instead of the drop pods would work better . more target saturation . dreads without lucius are a drop and pop unit [and BA cant even take those anymore] .

and option would also be going 3 raiders and 9 attack bikes or a av14/14 army with 2 LR 3-4preds.

Well, if you are willing to get one more DP you might be able to throw quite lethal list.

similar to mentioned above:

1850p:

HQ:

Meph

ELITES:

Furiouso Dread (Frag Can) ~ Drop Pod

Furiouso Dread (Frag Can) ~ Drop Pod

Chap

TROOPS:

7xDC (TH) ~ LRR (ExA,MM)

5xASM (PW) ~ LR (ExA)

5xASM (melta) ~ Drop Pod

HEAVY:

2xVindicator

I think there might be a lot of variations but overall this would be a shock therapy. 2 Dreads with rending template to begin with on top of dual pie plates ;)

We generally pay at 1750.

The list that sprang to mind was:

Lib

Priest

2 x 10 ASM in LR©

1 x 10 ASM in DP

1 X 7 Scouts - camo, locator beacon, missile

2 X Dread in DP

Hasn't got the extreme close combat punch that BA can bring to the table or the buckets of shots that other BA mech lists can throw down. I'm thinking about locator beacons on the 2 dread drop pods to bring the landraiders in on. But I see the dreads being vaporised if there are no other targets on the tables. Land raiders can generally get their cargo out by turn 2 anyway.

Thoughts?

Generally, your list, lacks a punch, there is not much that will deal with enemy death stars. I would at least try to exchange Dreads for furiousos, as they are only 20p more expensive but 4 S10 on charge with AV13 (almost immune to anything short of 2d6 in CC) is nothing that should be overlooked.

From personal experience, I can only advice you, not to DS LR. As most of the time it won’t come on when you need it.

Moreover as BA you have no means to make sure it will come on board when you need it, therefore it’s very random. While one likes to have 400+ points coming on random base, most of your opponents will be able to respond to Loc Beacons either by surrounding them or by destroying them.

Therefore if you do not plan on using, key elements of your army that will use no scatter (VV's , melta HG) do not bother with them.

Archived