Mephiston Conversions

igotsmeakabob!!

If I'm going to start fielding the mighty Mephiston, I'd prefer to have a model that represents his powerful new killy-ness... the old one, or its pose at least, just doesn't do him justice.

Does anyone have some Mephy conversions they'd like to share? It'd be quite helpful, as I'm in need of some examples to work off of.

Thanks!

Kardion: Uhm.. wow, that makes one quite speechless. Awesome work, that's WAY better than old model...

Thank you. I have to admit that it was my most complex conversion to this date.

It's mainly a kitbash between Reapers Judas Bloodspire and a lot of 40k bits from different sources. Greenstuff for his legs, hair and to fill gaps + Scibor shoulderpads.

On a side note. He is a monster. He's fast as hell with wings of Sanguinius and easy to hide without LOS or at least in cover. He brings the pain and is hard to kill.

I nearly managed it on my own though, with 3 perils of the warp in only two turns. ^^

On a side note. He is a monster. He's fast as hell with wings of Sanguinius and easy to hide without LOS or at least in cover. He brings the pain and is hard to kill.

I nearly managed it on my own though, with 3 perils of the warp in only two turns. ^^

Yep, Perils did for me last night too. Lack of invulnerable save is a real kicker. Still, he took out an entire squad of terminators and a daemon prince and was in the middle of educating another daemon prince of khorne on the finer points of being a bad ass, so can't complain too much!

Yep, Perils did for me last night too. Lack of invulnerable save is a real kicker. Still, he took out an entire squad of terminators and a daemon prince and was in the middle of educating another daemon prince of khorne on the finer points of being a bad ass, so can't complain too much!

Hahaha.. ^^

Nice one.

For me the lack of the invulnerable save is not that much of an issue. Would make him too strong anyway in my opinion. Seriously.... That woud be too badass.

Not to hijack the thread, but this is to do with mephiston conversions. The GW manager at my shop actually told me that if I want to use a special character ( like mephiston ) I need to buy the actual model. I have a converted miniature. He has ornate armour ( compared to a normal BA ), a sword painted in a similar fashion the GW grey knights, a plasma pistol. Should I be able to use him? He has the equipment, but is it allowed?

Not to hijack the thread, but this is to do with mephiston conversions. The GW manager at my shop actually told me that if I want to use a special character ( like mephiston ) I need to buy the actual model. I have a converted miniature. He has ornate armour ( compared to a normal BA ), a sword painted in a similar fashion the GW grey knights, a plasma pistol. Should I be able to use him? He has the equipment, but is it allowed?

If you're playing in a GW store, probably not. If you're playing friends, probably. In a tournament you'd need to check with the organisers.

If you're playing in a GW store, probably not. If you're playing friends, probably. In a tournament you'd need to check with the organisers.

I thought that is why they have 'counts as' rules. it seems dumb to have those rules and then not be allowed to use conversions.

Anyways here is mine:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/375520_10150395017923493_553383492_8357270_1533411310_n.jpg

I used a counts as Astorath for a long time before I decided to actually do up the real Astorath figure. I use a counts as Dante now. I've never had trouble using either, but I don't play at GW stores either.

Personally, I think we can make better models for most of our named characters than the official ones. Espeically the old figures like Mephiston, Dante and Tycho.

Kardion: Uhm.. wow, that makes one quite speechless. Awesome work, that's WAY better than old model...

Thank you. I have to admit that it was my most complex conversion to this date.

It's mainly a kitbash between Reapers Judas Bloodspire and a lot of 40k bits from different sources. Greenstuff for his legs, hair and to fill gaps + Scibor shoulderpads.

Kardion, mind telling us how you made that beast? Parts etc. I can't even tell what parts are from that Bloodspire model... the cloak, I guess?

To be honest I think there are far worse sculpts than Dante.

There are, but with the SG figures I think its possible to make a better Dante.

I'm not good at customizing, but I'm told I did pretty well on this one. Bad paintjob completely ruined it though.

gallery_42800_4856_12049.jpg

I'm currently working on a Mephiston conversion (slowly, but still) I'm reusing his sword, head and psychic hood, and the front of his cloak (with the skulls). Legs from a Dark Angel marine, torso from Sanguinary Guard (don't know how I'm going to do the muscle look yet) and right arm from Lemartes (for the skull on his shoulder pad). Looks like total crap at the moment, so I'm not posting a photo :down: If it comes out better, I'll post it up.

Kardion, mind telling us how you made that beast? Parts etc. I can't even tell what parts are from that Bloodspire model... the cloak, I guess?

Yeah, the cloak is obviously from the Bloodspire model. It has to be extended with some green stuff to attach it like that. You can see the elongation in this picture

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg534/scaled.php?server=534&filename=292430md.jpg&res=medium

For the mini itself, just cut it in half and discard the upper body half (blue line), add some green stuff hair (green) and sculpt him new legs (over the existing ones; no filing needed/ purple). Keep the existing knee pad though.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7251/292429md.jpg

Head and backpack (cut of the vents) are from blood angel sprues, as well as the plasma pistol (wings are from ravenwing kit). Regular torso + grey knights sword. The shoulder pads derive from Scibor miniatures; great company with great customer service.

Tadaaa! You finished your own Mephiston for less than the lame original model costs.

^^

That guy is insane! ^_^ That conversions is epic!

As for GW stores not letting to field conversions, it sounds strange. I haven't played at my LGS so far, but in my particular case, they didn't have any BA special characters in stock for years, so all we had to do here is make our own versions.

Anyways, I plan on making my own Meph as well, using GK sprue and Sang Guard bits I have left after making Dante, Tycho and Sanguinor. So, thanks OP for giving me this idea :lol:

Archived