Archon with harlequins

radens

I was playing a game yesterday, army built around archon with portal, put in the squad of harlequins, for his own safety. Two question appeared during that game:

1. If one harlequin is in difficult terrain (but not archon), and harlequins ignore those, do the whole squad need to roll 3d6 for the terrain because of archon being in that squad and slowing it down?

2. Do archon gain the hit and run universal rule while being attached to the harlequin squad? If not, can the harlequins do the hit and run without him, leaving him in combat while they break out of it? Or are they completely forbidden to use that skill while archon stays in their squad?

1. No they must roll for terrain as the Archon doesnt have a flipbelt (its the thing that allows Harlequins to ignore terrain)

2. No, page 48 of the brb

Can you clarify this for me. If the Archon is not in DT but some harlequins are but the harlequins ignore difficult terrain. They must take a test even though none of the models in the unit (Archon included) count as moving through difficult terrain.

I don't have my BBB at the moment so that is why I would like page numbers and quotes to clarify this for and so I can check it out if it ever comes up...

The question was about Difficult terrain, and as you can read i answered that part.

I cant give you a BRB page as its not listed in it, its listed on Page 42 of the DE dex and/or page48 of the Eldar codex, look for Flip belts if you have one at hand.

Note on Dangerous terrain: They must roll for Dangerous terrain as normal infantry must.

for question 1. i think that the unit doesnt need to take a difficult terrain test - if only a harlequin is in the difficult terrain, and he ignores it, then there is no test to take. if the archon was in th terrain, then i believe you could make use of the 'move through cover' USR, as you move at the speed of the slowest model

AM

As I understand it...

Difficult Terrain does not affect Models, it affects Units. If one model of a unit dips its toe into the very edge of Difficult Terrain, the whole unit must roll- including attached characters. Therefore, if any one model of a unit does not ignore Difficult Terrain, the whole unit must roll, as they move at the speed of the slowest model.

Dangerous Terrain affects Models, not Units. If one model of a unit dips its toe into the very edge of Dangerous Terrain, only that model rolls the Dangerous Terrain test (though Dangerous Terrain is also often Difficult, so the unit will then roll the Difficult Terrain test.)

As I understand it...

Difficult Terrain does not affect Models, it affects Units. If one model of a unit dips its toe into the very edge of Difficult Terrain, the whole unit must roll- including attached characters. Therefore, if any one model of a unit does not ignore Difficult Terrain, the whole unit must roll, as they move at the speed of the slowest model.

Dangerous Terrain affects Models, not Units. If one model of a unit dips its toe into the very edge of Dangerous Terrain, only that model rolls the Dangerous Terrain test (though Dangerous Terrain is also often Difficult, so the unit will then roll the Difficult Terrain test.)

I don't have my rulebook with me so I can't confirm or deny it but if difficult terrain effects just models then it would still normally effect a whole unit. However this is key in this case as if the entire unit has to take the test as it were then does the Harlequin count as being in difficult terrain and ignore the effects (but the unit would still be affected)or does it not count as being in difficult terrain at all and so the unit doesn't suffer any effects at all.

Archived