My new Death Company's adventure with Tamiya Clear Red

Taz

[quote name='Taz' date='Feb 25 2012, 04:47 AM' post=

And finally, the big guy himself, bringing a whole new meaning to the term "anger management," Lemartes. Also my first

C&C welcome and highly appreciated.

first off let me say you did An amazing job on every model and your glow effect from the lenses is great, bit this is the problem. It's either the lenses (where the source lighting is coming from) are too dark (could be the pictures) but they should be much brighter than the glow around the lenses, since it is the light source.

DC + Clear Red = Oh yes!

Well executued (ahem) Taz, I love minis with lots of gore and I am going to have to steal the beheading idea. As an aside, if you mix a little Badab Black in with the Clear Red, it looks like dark dried blood which would look good on the Marines 'splattered' areas. When said mix starts to dry on your pallette, coat your weapons in it - instant coagulated blood and gristle in chain blades :D

Excellent Lemmy too :D

Great tip, Midnight, I'll have to give that a try some time. Also, if you do try something similar, I feel I should mention I had to pin the chaos marine's entire torso straight through the DC's hand and into the arm. Makes it much more solid. Thanks likewise, Shorty. Now I look at the lenses I think you may be right. Like I said, it was my first real attempt at OSL. Still, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad you guys like them. I'll just try to be more mindful of my light sources in the future.

Right that's it! I'm setting up a shop selling my hair! There has to be bald men in hobby, they may need me to sell them some!

Beware miniatures with bald owners and suspiciously curly blood spray!

That beheading is awesome. Tamiya Clear Red is now on my shopping list anf I'm going to have to try some of those effects on my Mark of the Wulfen guys.

Thanks likewise, Shorty. Now I look at the lenses I think you may be right. Like I said, it was my first real attempt at OSL. Still, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad you guys like them. I'll just try to be more mindful of my light sources in the future.

the lens does look awesome already, but if you want to lighten it up use snot green and bright yellow mix to give it a very bright glow look. I did this technique with my termie librarian

I've never really been a fan of BA, but I have to say that Brother Skorven the Ornery looks pretty badass. I'm seriously digging the pose.

As a gaming mini, I'm not sure about the beheading (stuff like that doesn't make sense to me, looks odd when you fight other armies), but as a standalone/diorama, it's fantastic.

Beware miniatures with bald owners and suspiciously curly blood spray!

Yuk...

edit: that said, I still think it is sig-worthy

It makes sense when you think about how crazy mad the Black Legion made BA in their old codex. They used to have a special rule where if your opponent played BL it made the BA rage super hard and get extra special rules. I think it was furious charge or preferred enemy or something like that, but I forget for sure what exactly. Glad you like Skorven, though. He was fun, especially the white Chapter symbol on his shoulder.

I may do that, Shorty, but I'm pretty happy with him as-is. Knowing my luck I'd probably slip my brush and leave a bright yellow streak across his face. :P

Archived