making Mortarion

Brother Elochai

He basically looks like the grim reaper with smatterings of old power armor . . . as was mentioned earlier, the nightbringer provides a suitable base if you don't mind working the metal.

I have a project going on at the moment to make each of the primarchs from inquisitor models.

Mortarion is next on my list once I have finished doing Fulgrim battling Ferrus Manus.

Speaking of which is there a fight between Mortarion and any other primarch in the heresy?

I want to try keep it so each is a battle, for example I'm working on Ferrus/Fulgrim now,

finished modeling and half finished painting Alpharius/Papa Smurf but with so much blue

and gold papa smurf forced me to take a break from that one.

I'm not 100% up on my Dusk Raiders/Death Guard canon, but I'm pretty sure that Mortarion rounded up the legion, and they shipped off for Terra, spent most of the Heresy trapped in a warp storm, they emerged as Death Guard, found that Horus had been defeated so they turned around to go do chaos things else where.

Maybe someone who has read flight of eisenstein would know more, or if there is some info packed into one of the white dwarf issue, or a codex....

anyway I've been looking at the inquisitor models, as well as tons of peoples finished primarchs. I figured I would have to do a lot of converting, but I don't really see any way to get any of those models into looking like mortarion. Right now I'm thinking doing the whole thing out of modelling materials. I'm working on getting a good front and side view of Mortarion in an image editor so I can 3D image him to scale so I can figure out just what I'm getting into....Time for a crash course in G.S....

I am quite curious as to what you have in mind for your project.

Archived