25th anniversary marine captain ;)

Inquisitor_Lensoven

I'm picking mine up an a about an hour, bought it for the 9 year old who will be building a Crimson Fists army, have been thinking about picking up a second one for myself.

i'm kind of tech stupid, but i'll be uploading some pics of mine soon. he's a jump captain (DC pack) bolt pistol, used my work knife to cut the fist on the shin off and covering up the 'battle damage' with on of those wingy blood dropy accessory things. simple but i think it looks good.

i'm using the plasma pistol arm to add more character to my tactical sgt.

(bought a BA battleforce box to restart my army since deployed life wasn't an ideal environment for little plastic army men....and now i just dont feel like shipping my old army out here.)

Yeah I opted out when I saw the price tag of $55.

really? your shop is ripping people off mine was only $33.

Yeah I'm in Australia, the country that escaped the economical crisis. The country whose dollar is higher than the US dollar. The country that imported items prices never EVER change no matter the situation.

Yeah I'm in Australia, the country that escaped the economical crisis. The country whose dollar is higher than the US dollar. The country that imported items prices never EVER change no matter the situation.

lol, i'm sorry. ever think of relocating?

lol, i'm sorry. ever think of relocating?

Are you kidding? I love my country.

My son and I were camped outside our GW store this morning around 11am (store opened at noon) with about 13 others. Managed to get in 2nd and grab everything we were wanting. All items in the store for the anniversary sold out in 10 minutes.

I have to hand it to GW, they priced everything quite nicely. $4 for the poster was the highlight. I had expected it to be more like $10. Wristbands were $3 as well, was thinking they'd be $5-6. Of course the mini being $33 was a bit steep, but when you think about the importance and rarity of said mini, it kind of justifies the price (considering this mini was made to represent 25 years of 40K hobbying. They're already selling on ebay for $75+ O.O)

Was a fun day for my son and I, both enjoyed the festivities and atmosphere.

My store got something like 15 boxes. Talking to my friend that works there, they still have about 10 on the shelf. ;)

I'll be converting mine to a BA Sgt.

the most difficult part of BAifiying the model is removing the fist on the shin, but it's really not that hard (did it with a work knife, there was a little bit of scarring on the model, but i just covered it up with one of those wing-blood drop bits from the DC box set.)

My son and I were camped outside our GW store this morning around 11am (store opened at noon) with about 13 others. Managed to get in 2nd and grab everything we were wanting. All items in the store for the anniversary sold out in 10 minutes.

I have to hand it to GW, they priced everything quite nicely. $4 for the poster was the highlight. I had expected it to be more like $10. Wristbands were $3 as well, was thinking they'd be $5-6. Of course the mini being $33 was a bit steep, but when you think about the importance and rarity of said mini, it kind of justifies the price (considering this mini was made to represent 25 years of 40K hobbying. They're already selling on ebay for $75+ O.O)

Um, weren't the posters, badges, wristbands and mouse mats meant to be free?

Um, weren't the posters, badges, wristbands and mouse mats meant to be free?

Nope. GW charged for them. It WAS some pretty cool junk, and at least GW had the good graces to make the prices low. My friend who works there even managed to tuck away one of those sweet aquila pins for me. :lol: I managed to beat the rush for the model. Instead of the GW I picked mine up from a local hobby shop that's a little closer to my house. Since he's an independent retailer he didn't give a rat's behind about the release date, so when I called him the night before the anniversary to ask him to hold one for me, he said I could just come and get it then. Seeing an opportunity I bought two, so I'll probably end up selling at least one. I think I may just hold onto them for a little while though, see how far the price rises. I mean, it's a nice sculpt, to be sure, but it HAS already risen 150% in price in just 24 hours... >:lol:

Archived