Angels Sanguine Relic Contemptor

OwlandMoonGuy

This is great OMG, you are doing a very high quality job there. And yes I'll join Olisredan in being jealous :)

Can you provide a frontal picture from a Marine eye level? I'd like to take a better look on the chest detail. That is, if possible. Please. Sir. :huh:

Those new Terminators cost twice as much, have half the detail, and are smaller then the current Terminators. They are not compatible with any of the current Terminator bits.

In other words, you will be paying a whole lot of $$ for a proprietary squad that can only be upgrade/converted with future Forgeworld bits.

No thanks, I'll stick to regular Terminators.

Those new Terminators cost twice as much, have half the detail, and are smaller then the current Terminators. They are not compatible with any of the current Terminator bits.

In other words, you will be paying a whole lot of $$ for a proprietary squad that can only be upgrade/converted with future Forgeworld bits.

How did you get that they were smaller and less detailed? They actually have one standing next to the older ones... and they are the size with the same amount of details.

I always thought Orc blood was green due they're infected fungi

I asked that very question earlier in the thread. The discussion pointed out that this detail has changed over the years and a green mash wouldn't have necessarily had the same impact at the red.

More soon, -OMG

I always thought Orc blood was green due they're infected fungi

I asked that very question earlier in the thread. The discussion pointed out that this detail has changed over the years and a green mash wouldn't have necessarily had the same impact at the red.

More soon, -OMG

Makes sense. We shouldn't let minor details ruin artistical freedom since results are that awesome :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see the brothers at Adepticon last weekend.

Still haven't finished this guy. Haven't had much time for the hobby. Regardless, getting close:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Angels%20Sanguine/CompWIP-001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Angels%20Sanguine/CompWIP-002.jpg

Cheers, -OMG

Not sure where you got that from. The FW Termies are the same size from the group I've got sat next to each other. In terms of price they're £36, compared to £28 for regular. That's not twice the price, it wouldn't even cover a set of FW shoulder pads. Lastly in terms of detail I can tell you these models are outstanding, and I've far prefered painting them to any other termie mdels, barring space hulk

Good progress, great work so far. :D

Out of curiosity, how do you do your black over white? Is it more of a dark grey glaze, or several layers of black until you build up the highlights again? It's looking very good and I'd like to know how much work you've put in there. :P

Snorri

am i the only one whos slightly suspicious OMG here paints that ork better then the majority of ork players paint their armies that ive seen around? :D

Hummmm... who knows? Perhaps the allure of the brute is a strong allure, in a brutish kinda way.

Out of curiosity, how do you do your black over white? Is it more of a dark grey glaze, or several layers of black until you build up the highlights again? It's looking very good and I'd like to know how much work you've put in there. :FA:

I'm really a big cheater when it comes to painting. You might ask why as it doesn't seem to help put armies on the table any faster. :P I start with a slightly thinned down mix of a slightly toned down black, i.e. 1:1 black & dark grey, over the white to give me a "natural" highlight. As in the thinner paint naturally sinks into the recesses which allows the white undercoat to show through at the edges. I still go back over and highlight but this approach has started to do the work for me. Likewise, I try to combine the look of highlights & weathering which I think provides a nicer affect than trying to do each separately. Especially with black, highlights often appear fake especially if you use a thick contrasting line along all your raised edges. That just looks fake to me.

Of course, I darken the recesses as well with a pure BLACK shade so the overall effect doesn't come off like a charcoal grey. Over highlighting detracts form the fact that ultimately you want the surface to look black in the end result.

That's about it really. Cheers, -OMG

I'm really a big cheater when it comes to painting. You might ask why as it doesn't seem to help put armies on the table any faster. :huh: I start with a slightly thinned down mix of a slightly toned down black, i.e. 1:1 black & dark grey, over the white to give me a "natural" highlight. As in the thinner paint naturally sinks into the recesses which allows the white undercoat to show through at the edges. I still go back over and highlight but this approach has started to do the work for me. Likewise, I try to combine the look of highlights & weathering which I think provides a nicer affect than trying to do each separately. Especially with black, highlights often appear fake especially if you use a thick contrasting line along all your raised edges. That just looks fake to me.

Of course, I darken the recesses as well with a pure BLACK shade so the overall effect doesn't come off like a charcoal grey. Over highlighting detracts form the fact that ultimately you want the surface to look black in the end result.

That's about it really. Cheers, -OMG

Thanks for the insight! Although you consider yourself a 'big cheater when it comes to painting', it would probably be too much work for my planned DC. :)

Cheers!

Snorri

Archived