Emperor's Children Raptors

tyrannosaurus

This is what I spent my half term working on - some raptors [in a squad of 6 of course]. Went for a different scheme on each, either halved or quartered. The one with a sonic weapon is a counts as melta gunner, too tight to shell out for the real one. He was attacked by my kitty which is why his gun and skull medallion are a bit battered. Let me know what you think :pinch:

gallery_50657_7008_2758488.jpg

gallery_50657_7008_620066.jpg

gallery_50657_7008_1462441.jpg

gallery_50657_7008_88210.jpg

gallery_50657_7008_2981446.jpg

gallery_50657_7008_4360123.jpg

Gah! My eyes! :lol:

Well, I suppose that means it's a good scheme for Slaanesh ;) I agree that a simple wash of Baal Red or Leviathan Purple would be a good idea for the pink spots, to add a proper bit of depth. That's mostly for the basic Raptors though, the lord seems better off in that department than them.

Nice work :D

While I agree that a red or purple wash would look good might I suggest a light coat of a much darker color wash? Perhaps a black or a really deep red before you do a lighter wash or even a dry brush of a red? Would add an additional snap to those colors and some definition.

I really like the quartered scheme, different but still very much within the realm of the great pleasure god.

Thanks for all the really nice comments everyone - was happy with how they came out, especially the AC with the wings - tried a blue wash on the wings which I thought had ruined them completely but came out OK in the end - the pics showed up some bits I need to clean up on a few of the models, will sort those out at some point.

These are metal raptors, luckily I got all my models before finecast came out - they do have a really annoying habit of falling over though.

I've tried a few different colour washes - red, purple and blue but they're all too much of a contrast with the pink - might try making up a 'hot pink' custom wash for the recesses. Thanks for the advice though.

4 oblits, a rhino and 2 DPs away from a fully painted 1750 point army, then gonna get busy on all my ebayed old school noise marines :)

Love the pink, there agai I like any pink army! B)

I really like the lightness of the pink, I normally go for a darker pink/light purple.

I agree that the depth is lost in the model an I assume the idea of a wash will help. I normally work on the idea ofmaking my opponents eyes bleed will give me a win by default. ^_^

Archived