Auto/las predators

NICS

Looking for some feedback on autocannon lascannon sponson predators. I play a razorspam list and have just started taking two of these and I'm undecided. I have really hit anything with them but I put that down to a bit of bad luck at the moment.

What have other blood angel players found when they field there preds?

Looking for some feedback on autocannon lascannon sponson predators. I play a razorspam list and have just started taking two of these and I'm undecided. I have really hit anything with them but I put that down to a bit of bad luck at the moment.

What have other blood angel players found when they field there preds?

For the cost of the sponsons it almost isnt worth it. They haven't ever really worked out for me, but I have only tried using it twice. The biggest fault I find is that they aren't twin-linked like the Razorback cannon is. A few bad rolls means that vehicle has been useless(against other armor) for a couple rounds.

When I take a Predator it is usually as a point filler or an armor wall to protect my other tanks a little bit. If I get ANY upgrades for it then I get the hunterkiller missile for turn 1 fun times =D

The autocannon is decent, a great option if you need to fill 70-90 points in a tank list and can't pick something. Those side sponsons just don't work well for the cost IMHO.

I play razorspam as well. On each razorback I take the hunterkiller missile and on turn one I open up with a storm of missiles and lascannons. Much more cost effective than the side sponsons in the end. If you lose the tank it will have already used it weapon most likely, and then if you do it is a very cheap loss.

For the cost of the sponsons it almost isnt worth it. They haven't ever really worked out for me, but I have only tried using it twice. The biggest fault I find is that they aren't twin-linked like the Razorback cannon is. A few bad rolls means that vehicle has been useless(against other armor) for a couple rounds.

When I take a Predator it is usually as a point filler or an armor wall to protect my other tanks a little bit. If I get ANY upgrades for it then I get the hunterkiller missile for turn 1 fun times =D

The autocannon is decent, a great option if you need to fill 70-90 points in a tank list and can't pick something. Those side sponsons just don't work well for the cost IMHO.

I play razorspam as well. On each razorback I take the hunterkiller missile and on turn one I open up with a storm of missiles and lascannons. Much more cost effective than the side sponsons in the end. If you lose the tank it will have already used it weapon most likely, and then if you do it is a very cheap loss.

Have to say I think the complete opposite. Autocannon never does anything useful, the sponsons is what makes them worth a HS slot. I want to try running three tri-las preds but I'm too much in love with my DoA list atm.

When considering what you take for anti tank, it's always important to ask what you want your AT to do.

Land speeders: 100 points or 90, you get 2 missiles at 90 points. Most cost efficient way to get AT, but only if you need target saturation

Devestator Squads: 10 bodies to soak wounds, and have what ever loadout you want. Not mobile at all.

Predators: 3 chances to hurt one target that can fire all weapons from reserve. And the same cost as an equivalently loaded out dev squad (minus the autocannon, so you actually get more)

I do like the 135 point Las/Auto preds. I've been using them for a few years now, and for my meta, it works pretty well. Cheap, efficient, highly mobile. Over the past 4ish years I find that using reserves is more important as more gunline armys are used (again, tha'ts my meta). So predators are great if your army relies on mobility.

am always happy with my pred. It works well if you go for other med or light tanks- chimeras, rhino-chassis tanks, eldar tanks etc. If you are just going to sit and try to batter your way thru the front of a land raider or russ then you're using it wrong. Just had a small tournament and my pred destroyed 4 rhinos, 2 landspeeders, 1 razorback, 1 bombard, and immob'd another russ. It only got destroyed in 1 out of 3 battles as well. Take it for 10 battles, and take the time to learn how to use it before you dismiss it as an option would be my suggestion.

I love them for the tactical versatility. Being able to Deploy out of LOS if your opponent has first turn is really great if you are able to move and fire to full effect.

I've recently started playing a mixed DOA/Mech army which consists of 2 assault squads, some vanguards and 2 Auto/las Preds with a vindicator. The Preds are excellent at opening up transports or softening up monstours creatures etc before my assault squads get there. The Vindicator is really just there to distract my opponent away from my Preds which are the real work horses of my army.

Archived