Scholars Encarmine

KaiserTJ1860

So its been probably 10 years since I painted my last set of little plastic men (mix of marines and Dark Eldar) and have recently been reintroduced to it by a close friend. From the outset im sorry for the quality of the pics, I will be looking to take photos with an actual camera with a neutral background soon,

These chaps are a BA successor chapter called the Scholars Encarmine.

gallery_64533_6851_57950.jpg

The basic fluff is that they pride themselves on the pursuit, discovery and careful archival of all vestiges of knowledge, both human and xenos. Whilst this caused initial tension with the Inquisitors, the fervour of their argument and the virtue of their goal soon pursuaded the Inquistors of the Scholars' righteousness.

Lots of references to the great men of the world in naming of squads, captains etc, greek/latin terminology for various things. The fluff will be fleshed out as I progress/get time off from work and uni, but as of now may I present Phalanx Caustos of the 2nd Hetaria, The Vulpes Sanguine

Phalanx Caustos 1/2

gallery_64533_6851_689701.jpg

Phalanx Caustos 2/2

gallery_64533_6851_64953.jpg

Lochias Caustos himself

gallery_64533_6851_141614.jpg

Did a little bit of playing around with some GS, the idea was to get the chapter badge on a shoulder pad so that, using the technique shown here (GS molding) This is how it came out:

gallery_64533_6851_1049453.jpg

Close up - Very blurry:

gallery_64533_6851_4870.jpg

The actual book needs some black around the edges, but overall, i think it came out pretty well for a first try at green stuffing, will leave it a lil bit before i try making duplicates, but as soon as I do, I'll post up here.

Lastly, my first HQ choice, a jumpy Reclusiarch. I've gone against fluff as I always saw chappies as inspirational figures and, to me, those sort of people are bold and brash - the colours should reflect that. I dont think the photos do it justice but the chappie has a wash of shining gold that gives him a two-tone effect, his armour looking both red and gold at various angles which I like a lot -_-

gallery_64533_6851_499086.jpg

CnC is welcome on all models/ideas - Ive got a pin vice and drill in the mail and am currently underway with a 10 man RAS. probably gonna go 2xMeltas, PF(poss with IP) but ive got some magnets so i can always swap

TJ out

Archived