Can you enable NFW's and use Hammerhands together?

adamv6

Had a bit of an argument at the weekend, my opponent said that enabling NFW's counted as using a psychic power, and wouldn't allow me to use Hammerhands as well.

I said that the RAW do not list the enabling of NFW's as a physic power, they just have to pass a single psychic test (god bless Brother of Psykers) for the squad to enable them, however Hammerhands is listed as a physic power.

We had the same argument about using Holocaust and Hammerhands in the same turn as well. :D

Pg 50 of BRB makes it clear that activating a force weapon is a psychic power.

Yep, makes it perfectly clear. Thanks for that.

Ref the Holocaust question, as if is only cast from one member of the squad, can the rest of the squad use hammerhands or NFWs?

If you have an ic attached to the squad, it does seem possible that he could cast hammer hand, and the squad could then activate their forceweapons. The ic couldn't activate his own forceweapon unless he was able to use 2 powers per turn though.

Important to note (why I jumped in here) and graciously covered by Arikel and SomeWyck. :angry:

ICs attached to the unit can use Hammerhand for the unit as a whole, allowing the unit to use their one-power-per-turn to activate their NFWs.

Archived