Deathwing vs. The rest of the world

riddles

I run a standard GKT list rather than paladins with a vindicare for support.

Anti-pally tactics might not work so well as I'll have equal to or even more termies going against the Deathwing. I mix my weapon loads so each ten man squad has 2xhalberds, 2xswords, 2xhammers, 2xfalchions a banner and a warding staff. That's 2 4+ saves and a 2+save against the thunder hammers and a hellof allot of attacks to force the ss saves to fail.

plenty of psycannons and the vindicare to gun down the vees as I apporach and I tend to deepstrike so range isn't too much of an issue.

bearing in mind these factors, what would you do against it?

fight 10 paladins with 3 terminator squads. reign fire dhown on them as they approach. if they deepstrike they have a. really big footprint that i can drop frag templates onto (assuming they don't mishap) and b.) may well end up within charge charge so the dw get the jump on them.

with maxed THSS, paladin armies are the least of a deathwing player's worries. the vindicare can shoot 1 target per turn. woop de doo. typhoons will have cover from predators and good pred placement can get cover from elsewhere.

if deathwing get the charge, the paladins come out hurting, no matter how they are equipped.

if its an objective game, the deathwing player marches onto the objectives and stays there. safe in the knowledge that the pallys can't cover all the bases.

draigowing should not be a problem for competitive deathwing.

You did read my post right? The post where I state i DON'T use pallies and employ standard Termies.

so you don't have as many wounds as the paladins and every wound is the loss of a body. you hit me on 4s instead of 3s in combat. you have 2 psycannons per 10 instead of 4. your range is 24 inches and mine is 48. if you teleport in to get that 24 inch range you need a decent scatter or you get charged, to say nothing of the piecemeal nature of your entry. if i hit 10 GKT with 10 DW, you have to split your attacks between the squads, diluting your ability to stack enough wounds to kill them and you still only have 1 2++ and 2 4++.

the same principles as fighting paladins apply. I'm impressed that you are doing well with the army, but it's nothing a deathwing player shouldn't be able to handle.

Archived