BA and WYSIWYG

BloodTzar

Well , I am modeling few additional models for a next tourney and I do plan on making some new units I would not field otherwise, however I found few questionable units.

First of all, I wanted to make a HG out of combined bits from DC and SG sets, where i would like to use SG banner with the hand they have modeled for it (Banner+ angelus bolt gun), while claiming its banner with bolt pistol, because in the HG entry there is nothing that makes the banner to replace any wargear. Do you think this is gaining a benifit I should not be able to get?

On the other hand, I would like to make a 2 blood champions, one would be using the original SM HG set, where he uses the shield with the bolt pisto, however I do not own another shield wit BP, if I use one from Assault SQ. box (w/out BP) do you think Ishould not claim BP or should I ?

Thanks

~BT

P.S.:Sorry for typos but I wrote this on I pad...

Thank you, but sometimes this is stuff i have to deal with ... WAAC players...

I am still curiouse about other stuff,just like Sword of Sangunius duration, Baal pred's smoke for 1st turn after scout move..etc. But i would ask in another thread :blush:

Thank you, but sometimes this is stuff i have to deal with ... WAAC players...

I am still curiouse about other stuff,just like Sword of Sangunius duration, Baal pred's smoke for 1st turn after scout move..etc. But i would ask in another thread :)

*Firstly IIRC, WYSIWYG only applies to upgrades ie "replace 'this' for 'that'." AFAIK, all of our BAs have Bolters and/or Bolt Pistols so you don't have to model it on your HG Standard Bearer unless you replaced one or the other for let's say a Plasma Pistol, Infernus Pistol, Meltagun or Hand Flamer, etc., etc.

**[sanguine Sword] lasts all game "as written" and per latest FAQ.

***Baal Preds can - in most cases - deploy 12" onto the board, then after Deployment make their Scout move up to 18" and pop smoke. If you steal the Initiative and go first, now you can move another 12" and shoot everything!!! However, no more smoke, so make your shooting count!!!

**SoS lasts all game "as written" and per latest FAQ.

I am sorry for bothering, but would you be so kind and link/quote me the scource?

Baal Preds can - in most cases - deploy 12" onto the board, then after Deployment make their Scout move up to 18" and pop smoke. If you steal the Initiative and go first, now you can move another 12" and shoot everything!!! However, no more smoke, so make your shooting count!!!

However, I would dissagree on this one, as according to this (i am sorry i cannot paraphrase it as i am in work, hope you dont mind)

Anyways thank you for help,

~BT

The Sanguine Sword (not SoS which would be Shield of Sanguinius) does technically last all game once cast. Many players view this as an abuse but it is correct in RAW. If you're looking to avoid an argument I would recast it whenever you want to use it. Not sure what FAQ ruling Sanguinarian was referring to though.

Just going back to the problem of having the HQ banner bearer and their weapons load out, mine has a power fist and I want him to carry a meltagun.

Any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

Have the meltagun strapped around his shoulder?

Just going back to the problem of having the HQ banner bearer and their weapons load out, mine has a power fist and I want him to carry a meltagun.

If I'm pushed to make a model WYSIWYG and I'm feeling too lazy to convert it, I place the weapon on the models base. I mean, it is still attached to the model and it makes the base a bit more interesting. I'm sure many a Marine has dropped his weapon in the heat of battle.

Malatox

If I'm pushed to make a model WYSIWYG and I'm feeling too lazy to convert it, I place the weapon on the models base. I mean, it is still attached to the model and it makes the base a bit more interesting. I'm sure many a Marine has dropped his weapon in the heat of battle.

Malatox

That's a pretty good idea.

But what I've done now is butchered a plastic meltagun and attached it to the side of the power fist. I just have to fix the back.

Why not try something like this? (not mine)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_-HZLorI1B0w/TDEKeg0Qq-I/AAAAAAAALrk/QB4FgzuVE0o/Storm%20Wardens%20banner%20bearer%20front%20view.jpg

...and swap the chainsword for a meltagun. To me the fist holding the banner is larger than a normal fist and therefore a power fist...

I saw a guy at the local hobby store here with the banner pole extended and mounted to the base and the model had two special weapons. I guess you could do it too. Looked pretty tight, like the guy was getting ready to be over run and was defending the banner.

Archived