Ravenwing dreadnought?

dynamicspartan

Now you mention it I was checking the GW site for that article as well, if I remember rightly it was about Dark Angels venerable conversions, everytime I search it I get redirected to the home page, my guess is that GW deleted the article which is a shame I really like that conversion.

Maybe they thought that ravenwing probably wouldnt have dreadnoughts and decided it wasnt a good article to have, however I think ravenwing should be able to take them.

Will try and search for the pics, gotta be someone who got hold of them and has them out on the web.

IIRC, a few years ago GW overhauled their website and most of the articles were taken down. It might be lost in the warp now, but fingers crossed somebody will have saved it and can get back to you.

Al

That one or the one that had ork warbike traks as legs and feet?

I've always thought that the Tempest would make a good (fluffy) RW dread, just replace the vision slit panel with a dread sarcoughagus cover:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...ER-TEMPEST.html

Now that would certainly be unique for the RW in a new codex. Of course there is no precedence, but it could be explained as a more modern adaptation forced by certain battlefield criteria. Probably too much of a leap though.

I thank you for the WIP pics brother Dark Rage. I wish GW hadn't taken down almost all of their articles. SUcks as most of them were really cool. The one about the RW dread is no exception. The reason I was asking for the pics is because I wanted to sort of, remake it. I would love to get my hands on some painted pics, but I will humbly take what I can get.

I need some help with one more thing though. In the parts shown there are a few pieces where the origins are unknown. The parts are circled in red and I want to know what kits they come from.

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/d...noughtparts.jpg

The two larger pieces appear to be fins from Sammael's jetbike, the smaller ones look like the "thumbs" from that metal Ven kit

@TheDarkAngelLion: Nope, just someones themed conversion, fluffwise I'm not sure the Ravenwing even have dreads.

Cheers,

Jono

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/505/dreadravenwinglowres.jpg

Posted it in Showcase topic.

Have another Space Crusade dreadnought (smaller one) waiting to be another one ravenwing dread. Love this particular design, it looks lightweight and fast, not like general 'bulky' dread looks.

I'm not sure if any1s noticed but the conversion guide got deleted for characters as well. Gw over the past 3 months have been systematically deleting everything dark angel the classic sign we're getting a redo

It is not just the DA articles they have been deleting. They have also deleted almost all of the SM and CSM articles. I do not know what other armies have had their articles removed, but there are almost none left.

gallery_8790_5344_385239.jpg

This is what I thought a Ravenwing Dread would look like.

When armed with an assault cannon it can also count as a tempest.

I just figured that since Ravenwing Troopers live and die in the saddle... When one becomes a dreadnought, he probably wouldn't be contented to walk into battle.

gallery_8790_5344_385239.jpg

This is what I thought a Ravenwing Dread would look like.

When armed with an assault cannon it can also count as a tempest.

I just figured that since Ravenwing Troopers live and die in the saddle... When one becomes a dreadnought, he probably wouldn't be contented to walk into battle.

I have thought the same thing...

I have been debating using a Tracked or Wheeled carriage in place of legs.

I also have been thinking making a Landspeeder version would also be interesting.

Where is that tracked base from?

That would be the tracks from a thunder fire cannon.

I clipped the middle pegs so that I could turn the tracks to face the other way.

I have the large circle on the base towards the front (it is at the back for the TFC).

I also sawed the c shaped things off to make the new front more clean.

One thing to be aware of is that the standard DCCW for a basic dread is small for this build.

It doesn't reach past the front tracks... That is why I used the iron clad arms.

Archived