would you agree to this?

i was thinking about something...was his name persius? (the greek god with the wingy sandals.) any way, so you know the wingy blood drop bitz in the DC box? well if i put one of those on each greave of a captain and claimed they were items created in the early days of the great crusade using experimental anti-grav technology, and passed down generation to generation would you accept that model as having jump pack?

it would stand out (as long as no other models had the wing things on their boots) so you couldn't be confused about which model has it.

like i said anti-grav, wouldn't be a traditional jump pack (because as i understand jumppacks, they don't make you fly but pull an OG superman. you know able to leap the tallest buildings in a single bound thing...you boost up high, and boost to slow/control your descent.)

any way, if the dark eldar can fly around on green goblin hover boards what would be wrong would with a marine having a pair of flyie anti grav boots?

like i said anti-grav, wouldn't be a traditional jump pack (because as i understand jumppacks, they don't make you fly but pull an OG superman. you know able to leap the tallest buildings in a single bound thing...you boost up high, and boost to slow/control your descent.)

any way, if the dark eldar can fly around on green goblin hover boards what would be wrong would with a marine having a pair of flyie anti grav boots?

More of a stability issue, I think.

It was Hermes who wore winged sandals and often a winged cap. As for minding if an opponent used a model like this for jump troups, no not at all as long as it/they looked suitably different from the normal infantry.

thanks, lol i knew it was one of 'em, but didn't really care enough to look it up :tu:

any way ya it obviously be a captain, plus wingy boots :tu:

Sounds like an awesome idea and would love to see them. I am getting ready to try my hand at conversions and while I won't steal yours I would love to get more ideas cause this site is awesome. Just to put your mind I am going to try with a dreadnought first, I figure bigger should be easier.

Sounds like an awesome idea and would love to see them. I am getting ready to try my hand at conversions and while I won't steal yours I would love to get more ideas cause this site is awesome. Just to put your mind I am going to try with a dreadnought first, I figure bigger should be easier.

I think that would be a pretty sweet conversion and no one really has any room to complain about it so long as you make it clear what the sandals represent.

(On the mythological side, the gentleman in question was named Perseus and he did indeed use a pair of winged sandals at one point- admittedly borrowed from the god Hermes, but still.)

Just a thought, Sanguinary Guard wings would probably look pretty good on the Dread's legs rather than the blood-drop semi-wings which, IMO, are too small for a Dread.

In some versions, Hermes/Mercury lends his winged sandals to Perseus to find the Gorgon Medusa.

I think that sounds a great idea. Presumably they create an antigrav bubble round the wearer, with the boots themselves providing directional thrust.

Loved the 'reality' police. Iron man flies with thrusters in his boot soles, for instance. And I don't think Jump-packs would actually work in reality, winged or otherwise. They have 'anti-grav' elements too.

As long as you are clear in advance of the battle that the winged boots represent a JP, and pay the cost, I can't see any problem. If in the middle of a game a character with fancy winged feet suddenly took off, I would cry foull

Archived