New to Blood Angels

Mep0077

Hello! I have started 40k about 4 months ago and play with my friends. I want to go to the local store and start playing for real but dont know what army would be best and what tactics to use.

Here are my current units

1 Blood Angels Battleforce

1 Assault on Black Reach box

2 Razorback boxes

1 Tactical Squad box

1 Sanguinary Guard

-Thanks for the help in advance!

Hmm, I don't have the exact contents of all that in front of me but you do have quite a few options. You could either form a gun line with the tactical squads and keep assault units back with them for counter assault purposes. Then have combat squads or 5 mans ride in the razorbacks to ride up flanks or grab points or just harass. Other modification would be to combat squad all and have the heavy weapons sit back shooting while everything else advances in support of each other either inside of transports or running/jumping.

I think the battleforce comes with death company, and if it does either have them deepstrike in near the enemy since they will charge the nearest thing (if they have jumpacks) or keep them inside a razorback/rhino and then keep as counterassault or drop them out where you need to destroy:).

Have fun!

Welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword and good job choosing Blood Angels. They're awesome, as you already know. :P

These forums are full of valuable information in regards to all things Blood Angels. Tactics, painting and conversions are all covered in various threads throughout the forum.

As for what army is best and what tactics to use, what type of army are you looking to build?

Welcome Brother. As stated above we have quite a versatile codex. The best advice I can give is for you to build armies and test them. That way you will discover your own preferences. :blink:

Many of our boxes can be other units than the one written on it. Tacticals can be sternguard, Devestators etc.

At the top in the sticky section is a thread with resource links. It's a really useful collection of unit analysis, tactical options and finesse plus general knowledge.

Here is a copy of the link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=215235

Again welcome, and have fun. :D

Archived