Dark Wardens Honor Guard

Thanks for the comments everyone!

@ War Angel. In those photos I hadn't attempted to paint the swords so there was only one layer on there.

@Templar14. Thanks for commenting here and in my other thread. I'v managed to get the paint off now by using a very watered down nail polish remover. I've also painted the swords to a standard I'm finally happy with aswell!

I'm going to have the majority of this unit painted by the end of the week. Only thing I need to figure out now is how I'm going to get the marble effect on the banner pole...

• 3 weeks later...

Well work has slowed on the unit for a number of reasons. Have managed to get the swords fixed though!

gallery_33348_7028_512007.jpg

Heres the first 99% complete model. Quite happy with how the effect on the sword came out in the end. Only a few small details left on the whole unit now, with the exception of the Banner.

So what do you think guys? Does the sword look okay?

• 1 month later...

GOLD TUTORIAL

Hey all, above is a link to the gold tutorial I posted on my blog for those interested in how I did the Gold on these guys.

Also heres a shot of another 99% completed model.

gallery_33348_7028_168116.jpg

I wasn't as happy with the sword on this guy but hey ho.

Until next time!

THE EMPERORS WRATH

Love the 'electro power' going through the sword fella, I'm in the process of adding 5 more members to my HG unit as I love HG, and your ones are really coming on very nicely.

Rob

Thanks Rob, Im chuffed with the swords aswell. Have you got thread for your HG?

Here's the page on my thread that's at the very begining of the my HG builds, I still have to do the last 5 but I can't update my thread as the house laptop is broke.

How many HG you going for in the end?

Rob

Archived