GotC - scouts

JaM_TW

Hi all,

I'm finishing (more or less) a 1250 points list of the Guardians of the Covenant. In it, there is a small scout squad. 4 with bolters, 1 with a missle-launcher (actually, 2 with bolters and 2 with bp/ccw).

Now I am wondering what colours to give them. I mean, red and black, and some boltgunmetal for sure. But what would go where?

Are there brothers out there who already have some painted up, so I can borrow some ideas?

I will be using metal miniatures btw.

Cheers,

F&S

Well, I'd say boltgun metal for the armour, black on the trousers and red on the retails and the capes. Maybe you want to check out Yellow Stripe's log but there are no scouts as far as I remember... You can find it here

Well, I'd say boltgun metal for the armour, black on the trousers and red on the retails and the capes. Maybe you want to check out Yellow Stripe's log but there are no scouts as far as I remember... You can find it here

Yeah, I will probably paint the suits reddish, and the armour black (shoulderpads) with perhaps some boltgun here and there.

I wont do camo, the rest of the force is clad in red robes anyway. Besides, I have done camo before:

cmon link

Wow, cant believe it's like 7 years since I posted something there... :tu:

Anyway: I cleaned the minis (had some with a white undercoat,... over a few layers of paint probably!), and gave some a new base. Removed a GS-ed cape from the missle scout, too. No hiding for these guys! :)

Time permitting, I will sand the bases (fill them with sand, not use sandpaper on them) and undercoat the whole squad this week. Probably will finish them next week, if all goes well.

Thanks for thinking along, although I feel I already made up my mind. After changing the armour from red to black, everything 'fit'. In my mind. Now see if I can splash those colours on the models :).

Cheers,

F&S

Nice, but mine arent snipers. 2 with bolters, 2 with bp/ccw, 1 with a missle launcher. :P

And I'd like to stay away from camo, I already have a bunch of scouts for my 'vanilla' marines in camo.

I should take a picture of them too... Soon...

But snipers should indeed have camo.

My suggestion

Black Shoulder Pads & Boots

Silver Torso Armor and Gauntlets (Everything that looks rigid)

Red Cloth on the sleeves and legs

Cape is double sided with black on the underside and red on the outside (since you didn't care for camouflage on this go around).

Another idea for the cape is put the camouflage on the underside to suggest the scouts flip it depending on the situation.

Well, good thing there is no cape :D.

I'll shoot some pictures tomorrow, have them based and ready to prime. Some before- and after-shots might be a good thing.

I will probably go with the red cloth and the black boots, but red COULD change into a red-brown. Will have to see how they look painted uup.

Thanks for all the suggestions! ;)

Pictures, as promised.

They are now primed black. Will get a decent black coat/wash after that, and then on to the 'real' painting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/thewarp_jam/GotC/IMG_5117.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/thewarp_jam/GotC/IMG_5116.jpg

I gave them a beret, and one bolterscout still has a silencer. The other one fell off during cleaning, I dont have those plastic tubes anymore. So I decided to NOT give the scouts their silencer.

It's 2 bp/ccw vs 2 bolters. It's not wysiwyg, but if my opponent cant remember they all have bolters, well, I'll remind them :P. I plan to use them in small lists anyway (1250 points). If I ever go to a big, 'real' tournament, I probably will field scouts who are wysiwyg. But it will be fun to paint them up anyway.

Maybe I throw in a 'quick and dirty' tutorial. Because I dont like spending hours on only 1 model <_<

Archived