Multi functional BA DS?

BloodTzar

While I was looking at the other forums, one guy suggested there to create one multi-char DS unit out of elite's + HQ.

It was nice idea, however not very useful in game-terms due to unit price and FOC. However I did little brainstorming and I would like to know what you think about this little DS unit.

Libby- JP (sword, rage) - 125

HG-JP's all around - SS/BP, Big Banner, champ (because of WS5 - or get another SS instead), PW - 260

Chappy - JP PF - 140

Sums at 525, bit pricey, however deadly.

They all move 12, they can DOA, but the fun starts on charge.

On charge, Libby casts sword (which as debated can last for the whole duration of the game RAW) while getting rerolls thanks to Chappy (even on vehicles = bbye vendettas) and due to banner he ends up with 5 I5/S10 attacks :P . Scary. While still be able to benefit from rerolls for other turns thanks to rage.

If you add another Libby (might, shield) now we talk real trouble, D3 + 5 S10/I5 attacks, while being able to get 5++ cover with some 3++ shields (with another Libby I would suggest to cut champ in favour of SS)

What you think guys?

if I wanted to spend 525 points on one DoA Deathstar, why wouldn't I just take Lemartes accompanied by 8 Death Company with Jump Packs, a couple of power weapons and couple of Thunderhammers?

Tell you what though, I have run Astorath with CC Honour Guard out of a Raven. I'd take the rerolling of invulnerable saves over Str 10.

If you are already buying two libby's and a chappy then why not just give both libbies the Sanguine Sword power for 10 S10, I5 attacks with rerolls to hit on the charge. Giving one might and the other sword seems like a wast to me.

Archived