AMS and DC weapon load outs prior to glue phase.

ASSASSINAWOKEN

Given the options and alternatives below, is there a proven effective method to magnetize the models to switch weapon load outs?

Is it worth trying to magnetize weapon load outs, or is this path much more trouble and expensive?

I am wondering if there is a way to magnetize weapon load outs, before committing to glue.

Bolt Pistol and CCW versus Melta Gun for Assult Squads.

Bolt Pistol and CCW versus Bolters for Death Company.

I believe magnets can help with Jump Packs and Back Packs.

Jump Pack versus Back Pack Assault Squads.

Jump Pack versus Back Pack for Death Company.

If I could find 5th edition CCWs, I could probably make some awesome DC carrying all their jump with them. After all Titus did it in Space Marine. I guess in the long run, I can always break weapon load outs as long as not much paint is ruined around the original glue seal.

Back Pack sounds lame, if there is a better term, tell me.

I appreciate any feedback. Kind of stinks I have to use 4 new assault marines to make Melta Gun carriers.

You can easily magnetize arms on space marines and their packs to swap easily between weapon configurations and jump packs at will, I've done it with my DC and VV. I'm at work right now and posting from my phone so I can't show you any pictures at the moment but I'll post some when I get home. I've posted a few elsewhere on these boards, I'll see if I can find a link to the threads.

Also in answer to some of your other questions. Magnetizing is not difficult it takes a bit of time, but not a ridiculous amount. The more you do it the faster you get as well. I magnetize pretty much any model that can weapon swap to save on money. It also makes painting them much easier as you can remove arms for easier access to recesses. It's also very inexpensive. I buy my magnets from KJ magnetics and they cost 1.20$ for 10. I usually just buy a roll of 100 for 12$. After that all you need is a drill bit to match the size of your magnets which will cost about 3$ at a hardware store and some super glue and you are good to go. You save loads of money in the long run as opposed to buying models for all the different load outs you might run.

In general it always pays to run melta in assault squads.

Bolters vs pistols for DC is a bit more preference based and also depends on the squad size and the weapons they're using. Running bolters with TH and PF DC is a good idea since you can't gain extra CC attacks with a pistol using those weapons.

Archived