First Completed Deathwing Squad

Polythemus

Hi!

I have no ideas how this vow stuff works but i thought that i'd try and motivate myself with some work in progress pics and perhaps some additional comment and constructive criticism. the thing that i am trying to get through right now is terminators for an army i am trying to build. I am by no means a great painter but my goal is to get them close to this, as possible without the use of an airbrush. Here's some of my work so far.

gallery_65828_7036_265062.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_1536232.jpg

gallery_65828_7036_521703.jpg

so as I said room for improvement. the yellowish termies are an ebay reclaimation project. lemme know if you have any sugguestions. and if anyone has any idea of where to buy 918 ivory vallejo model paint in boston MA USA let me know. thats what the winterdyne boys used in those glorious pics (along with deneb stone) which is the foundation of the lone termie in white.

• 4 weeks later...

here are some of the recent painted additions to the force. still working on the arms after these are finished i will have twelve terminators still to paint including belial, a banner and the apothecary. the idea was to do something similar to the winterdyne deathwing army, but i dont have a spray gun so i used testors camoflage grey for the base coat of the armor. the light washes them out a bit, and i need to do the bases but that seems like it ll be the template.

gallery_65828_7036_215379.gif

gallery_65828_7036_503105.gif

gallery_65828_7036_211792.gif

gallery_65828_7036_339271.gif

gallery_65828_7036_19621.gif

This guy with the claws. Im not really sure about the red on the lightning claw base i was thinking maybe use a dark wash to dull it so it doesnt pop as much

gallery_65828_7036_311274.gif

Any CC would be appreciated. Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...

these are my first completed deathwing models resurrected from the ebay junk pile.

gallery_65828_7036_497923.gif

Here was the last addition.

gallery_65828_7036_276967.gif

They all have hand painted deathwing icons, cause i dont feel like shelling out for the forge world decals.

gallery_65828_7036_556982.gif

The back of the cyclone missle launcher

gallery_65828_7036_186299.gif

Any comments and sugguestions on how to execute these better i'd love to hear em cause there are some really good painters on this board. As stated in the first post the goal was to try and execute these in a color and style similar to the winterdyne models. but with some of my own touches. Also a question, is there a good affordable spray application that can help to protect the paint job (assuming its worth protecting!). Thanks again!

I am fonder of the bone armor shceme but anyone who can paint whitish colors and free hand that crisp earn respect in my book.

They look ace man! Especially fond of the thunderhammer effect.Not a fan of the green eyes though (colourwise not skillwise)

Hey thanks immolator! What color eyes do your termies have? i was thinking about different color eyes for different squads. Red, green, blue, no need to keep it stale but i dont wanna have to buy a ton of paints. I gotta say the bone yellow was never really my favorite color but i also didnt want them to look like they are white scars so i tried to go in between.

Polythemus:

Well done, brother! They're a vast improvement from two months ago. Brother Immolator hit the high points with precision: smooth whites, nice freehand, and amazing thunder hammers. I like your plan to have different eye colors for each squad.

I'm hesitant to provide any suggestions for improvement as you're clearly a talented painter (more so than myself); however, the white is a bit overwhelming on a few of the squad members, most notably the two wielding lightning claws. Perhaps a shin could have some color added, be it the molding on the first, or some additional freehand on the second?

My Ravenwing would be honored to provide support to these heavy hitters. I look forward to the next batch.

FC

Hey finyl, thats a great sugguestion for the shin pad! i hadn't really thought about it, but its a great suggestion. I'm gonna try to get some different models painted for now (ravenwing) but it would be a great idea to come back and do something in black on the shin, or possibly a decal.

Tanhausen, thanks for the comment man. I am a little curious... "ungreatful" ? Do you mean like difficult to use (dificile pintar)? If so i whole heartedly agree. I'm doing some ravenwing sergent robes right now and they are tough!

Ungrateful as in desagradecido.

Yes, it takes a lot of work which doesnt really shine later...unless you had to paint 20 guys in bleach bone and make them look good (no dipping or washing...actually blending).

If You want, tomorrow morning I can try and post you some of my WIP terminators.

Archived