Lamenters

Crypt

I'm not a Lamenters fan, but these look great! The battledamage is looking very good, although it might be a bit too much on the Furioso. ;)

Nice freehands, btw! Good checkerboard on the shoulderpads, and it's nice to see someone else who fields JP DC :sick:

The Honour Guard looks nice as well, however our Priests can't be equipped with any wargear sadly. (Regarding the Infernus Pistol).

Well done!

Snorri

The Honour Guard looks nice as well, however our Priests can't be equipped with any wargear sadly. (Regarding the Infernus Pistol).

Yup, according to the codex, the priest is technically not an Honour Guard, he's a Sanguinary Novitiate.

I love the battle damage, as well as the Death Company. Gotta love those vicious killing machines!

Simply beautiful! Could you please share your recipe for the yellow as well as how you managed such a gorgeous shoulder pad? I may be starting a small lamenters force of my own and would love some ideas to begin with.

These models are quite brilliant.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments !

@ Arkkinite and Snorri : yes I know that the priest doesnt have gear, it's a "count as" bolt pistol. I tried the others arms with bolt pistols on it but it didnt looked as good as the melta pistol one...

@ JamesI : I hesitated to add a big red cross on those guys but i wasnt sure of the result.

@ Gregornet : For the yellow I started with a black or white undercoat (easier with white), then the first layer of Iyanden darksun, a thin layer of golden yellow, then golden/sunburst yellow (50/50), a really thin sunburst yellow, then sunburst/golden yellow with a teardrop of skull white, the same mix with more white, and to finish really thinned (1/10 minimum) of vermin brown to the dark areas.

For the shoulderpads, begin by drawing lines of chaos black to create the pattern of the checkerboard while leaving the center of the shoulderpad free, then all you have to do is to fill in the gaps before painting the heart !

I hope this will help you. (if anything is unclear just ask it.)

Crypt

i'm gonna be the jerk today. are the DC not quite done? I ask for two reasons. one, your black isn't as deep at the yellow in terms of shading and such, and they don't have much if any battle damage/weathering from what i can see, and if anyone needs it, it's them, right? with your painting ability on the tac squads, i'd love to see you weather the DC and maybe gore them up a bit.

Well thanks again :)

There is something I must reveal : this is my first time at painting yellow and battle damages... The furioso was the very first one of 'em (as it's a metal one I could strip the paint easily ) and I have to admit that I totally agree with you guys he's way too ruined... Maybe one day I'll strip him but not sure I'm used to how it looks nows.

About the DC I tried different ways of doing the battle damages but I couldnt manage to do something that ends up looking good. So I decided that the black was painted just before the battle and as they all die during it, there is now need to paint battle damage . (Yes that's cheating :P ) About the black colour it's just the way I like it even if I may add dome highlights to the first 5 of em.

Crypt

Really nice! I actually prefer these to the DV8 army, the troops more than the dread. Yours in far more GW style. Looking forward to seeing more progress :o

ooh, if Id change anything, the dreads too much damage and the banner is too plain next to bright yellow, black and a white. Thats just me tho :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot !

Well DV8's lamenters are something, and having mine compared with 'em is very disturbing ^^

Anyway I posted it on the Hall of honor But not here... Shame on me !

I just finished my first terminator squad :

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1946/20120414160424.jpghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6671/20120414160447.jpghttp://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4008/20120414160539.jpg

And this is the future of the force :

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/684/20120418162141.jpg

Thanks for comments !

Crypt

Archived