Help vs Grey Knights Please!

Trick44

Hi all!

I'm constantly getting beat by a guy in my gaming group who currently runs Grey Knights. I can sometimes give him a good game, and its been close a couple of times, but I have yet to win so I'm looking for any advice you can all give me to turn the tables!

He usually fields a 1,500pt list which looks roughly like this:

Coteaz

Techmarine

10 man Strike Squad w/Psybolts, Halberds, Psycannon and Daemonhammer

10 man Strike Squad w/Psybolts, Halberds, Psycannon and Daemonhammer

Redeemer w/Psybolts

Redeemer w/Psybolts

Vindicare Assassin

There's some other things that I can't remember, but the units above are all mainstays in the army.

I always find myself getting shredded by Psybolt Assault Cannons, Psycannons and Stormbolters and my survivors either get torched by the redeemers or cut to pieces by the halberds and their ridiculous initiative! The Vindicare tends to be a real thorn in my side, taking out my tanks, heavy weapons, priests and sergeants with horrendous ease and not dying himself!

Any ideas on what to do? What to take? I have enough models to form almost any Blood Angels list. I just can't find an effective one!

Cheers folks!

always found greyknights a tough match up, They usually negate our feel no pain with all over force weapons, the furious charge dosn't hit as hard to to halberds.

vindicare picking off priests all over and greyknights having sorta nice defence against our librarians.

Sorta feel like they shoot better, fight better and have more gadgets in his army eh?

- Blood talons on furioso dreads, psycannons ain't that mean towards em, they have melta guns for them raiders and they pile up corpses in their wake, let thse halberd at high I scratch the front armour of a dread while it rips the unit apart.

- vindicare assassins are a pain in the --- and I usually bring a 5 man vanguard unit(1 hammer/fist and loads of melta bombs) to lock what ever shooty at the back of an enemies line (be it lootas, long fangs, devs, auto cannon dreads or vindicare assassins). you don't need to kill him, just pile 5 marines untop of him and hope they kill him/last a few rounds

- Landraiders... Deepstrike down combat squads with melta guns and hope they puts the raider out of play, not much else to it.

- corteaz is gonna be a pain shooting just about everything that deepstrikes... try to line of sight him+ his squad behind their own raiders...if he's behind a raider, land in it's deadzone and hope you don't scatter...

With all that being said, halberd GK is a tough matchup...hope this helped, good luck

I believe attack bikes in this case are golden.

You need melta to take out the landraiders - and contrary to what has been suggested, striking in an assault squad to use its meltas thus allowing the GKs to double their amount of attacks with halberds (and therefore wounds)on the counter is not ideal.

Use the bikers as bait to wreck the raiders. That squad of 10 at full strength is only doing 2 wounds at Init6 when you charge them - this means with whats left you should do decent damage. Just make sure you're charging to kill. Double charging say Mephy and then an assault squad allows you position the assaulters to protect mephy, causing havoc.

I find dreadies are wonderful in theory, but rending psy cannons are just devastating.

Melta is the way forward to beating this list, everything else is just up to your playstyle.

GK are killer on the charge- theyre just good on the counter. Knowing that you can work around it!

Thanks for the replies guys. I've had reasonable success with Furiosos, I just need to work on my delivery system. Just now I almost always use Stormravens but it'll usually be the case that the Vindicare or Land Raiders shoot them down before they get across the board. Could it be worthwhile just being bold and deepstriking the ravens into the GK battleline, firing the multi-melta into the tanks and relying on the cover save or should I just hurl them forward? I've tried sitting back and trying to crack the Land Raiders with missiles but I always roll horrendously with them haha!

Thanks again!

Archived