Blood Boil

BloodTzar

Well as the title says , does this power have any use ? As to have free wound can be handy at some situations or even pick that fist/melta on superb roll.

One thing i am not sure , if you can or cannot take invul saves , as there are no armor saves allowed.

Invulnerable saves are not Armour Saves, so they're allowed.

I've never used Blood Boil, personally. I guess it's an alright power taken in isolation but the others are so much better for what I want my Librarian to do.

The above matches my opinion perfectly. The ability to snipe a particular model if you roll well looks nice, but I'd much rather take fear or unleash or sword.

It all depends on what you want to do with your librarian and your army composition. For example, how sure are you that that Librarian is going to get close enough to the enemy? Who is the Librarian accompanying? If he's riding in a high priority Vehicle such as the storm raven then expect him to not make it within the enemy by turn 2-3. You can raise his chances by using Wings, or Shield though. At that point, no doubt he's accompanied by some unit, meaning that the best he can do per turn is inflict one wound. Mind you this is great VS nids, but he will die the following turn to their counterattack. So in the end, realistically you'll get one turn to use it... But using the same example, wouldn't you rather have Sword of Sanguinius at that point, to inflict multiple wounds with ease, or buff the rest of the unit, or hinder an entire enemy unit with Fear?

Let's take it in another path, say you have the Librarian in TDA, and he dropped right where you need him with some Elite unit. Yes you will probably get to use that power twice since his survivability went way up, which is awesome, but so what. With the meta these days, everything is becoming much stronger than us very quickly, so we need to put the boot in our opponents face as hard as possible. Blood Boil simply will not achieve that.

Everyone above is right. For the way Blood Angels play, that librarian is more useful as a carving tool or as support. Though to be honest I love the idea of a free kill at range, but throw an infernus pistol on him and you can achieve the same goal, more so actually because you can use the IP against vehicles.

Archived