Vindicator Dozerblade

Snejk

Ok, here's the story. I just bought a Chaos Vindicator and have primed it and assembled most of it. Now i've come to the part where i'm supposed to add the dozer blade and I hesitate. Without the gigant siege blade the Vindicator looks a lot like a short barreled German StuH 42 which is a very, very awesome look in my opinion. And i'd like to keep it like that, if it wasn't for the fact that the Vindicator has a dozer blade as standard equipment. So I guess i should add a dozer blade just for the look. But should i go with a smaller Chimera blade or the spiky chaos blade that comes with the vechicle sprue?

Personally for me, I think the look of the vindicator is *made* by that gigantic dozer blade it's got in the front, no other tank in the GW range has something as unique as that, and I'd include it on all mine.

That being said, if you want to go bare, I'd probably go with the spikes from the vehicle accessory sprue, as those would be wysiwyg hedge clearers or whatever, counts as dozer blade, it would work and wouldn't look silly like a chaos dozer.

-Nikolakhs

I say GO FOR THE SHIELD! There is little that will put brown in your pants as surely as looking up and seeing a solid wall of steel, with a giant barrel being the only other thing visable, coming towards you.

And the siege shield is an awesome piece to play around with freehands on! (For example http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=248232 )

Or if you don't want to do that, take a guardsman/loyalist and chain up their corpse stretched across the shield.

But in the end it's all about what you feel will go best with your army!

I personally love the shield. Awesome for freehand as others have mentioned or for attaching certain gruesome trophies too. However if you like the idea with it not on, then go for what you want to do. Its your model and your hobby.

The Vindicator does not come with a dozer blade as standard; it's still a 5pt upgrade for Chaos. So it's entirely up to you whether you wish you add it or not.

I agree with Brother Syth, though; I'd just magnetise it. It's the perfect opportunity to test out magnets, if you're not already familiar with them.

The Vindicator does not come with a dozer blade as standard; it's still a 5pt upgrade for Chaos. So it's entirely up to you whether you wish you add it or not.

I agree with Brother Syth, though; I'd just magnetise it. It's the perfect opportunity to test out magnets, if you're not already familiar with them.

CSM Codex pg. 101 clearly states Dozer Blade as the last entry under Wargear.

And yes, magnets! Why didn't I think of that before. That will be my first magnetized mini.

Thanks!

Technically, if it comes standard in the wargear you don't have to model it, like CSM bolter/bp/chainsword. Or so I hear it said all the time.

Though I agree with everyone else. The shield is what makes the vindicator! Makes it look solid, impenetrable and fearsome

Ok, so now i have made my first magnetised mini. The Vindicators dozer blade comes on and off. And i like the result.

Pics:

gallery_60645_6711_542297.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_415057.jpg

here with the blade attached and a freehand, somewhat askew Alpha Legion "A".

• 2 weeks later...

here is the finished Vindicator. Emperor's lapdogs beware!

Did a touch up on the Legion -=A=-

gallery_60645_6711_705352.jpg

Here is the shield. Since i'm not very good at free hand i just painted it green and somewhat used. On my next shield i'll probably try a diffrent way to make it look worn. (Hair spray and stuff)

gallery_60645_6711_387428.jpg

Thanks!

I just bought my second Vindicator and i'm in the process of painting the first layer of Necron Abyss. I'm most likely going to magnetise the dozer blade on that one as well. As for the dozer blade it self i'm thinking of trying a technique i heard of painting the blade in some metallic first, coating it with Purity seal, then a coat of hair spray wich is then painted with some color. In my case most likely dark angels green, the usual layers of Devlan Mud and Thrakka Green. And then dissolving the hair spray with water to get a flakey weathering effect.

Or maybe i'll just try my friends Forge World weatering powder...

Archived