Chaos Decimator Daemon Engine

Tchort

The thing looks like a warjack because privateer press creators originated from games workshop and so technically its completley original... in my personal opinion.

Yup, and while I love me my warmahordes, there are some awkward similarities, like the two red armies Skorne and Khador(my personal warmahordes army btw) being close combat armies that tend to eschew normal ranged weaponry for mid-range shotgun style weapons and heavy artillery. Seems awful similar to some of my favorite 40k things. And there are other similarities. But yeah, what do you expect from a group of disgruntled GW employees attempting to do the job in what they consider to be a better or more compelling way in order to become gruntled?

addendum: Khorne dedicated w/ base loadout, or swittch one claw for the butcher cannon

The sad thing is that those Siege Claws suck compared to DDCWs.

Because they are Str 8 and not 10? I guess it's not reliable, but the 2D6+Pick the Highest could help with that more often than not, although I agree that something called a "Seige Claw" should be able to penetrate AV14 (bunkers/ bastions) more reliably. If they had named it differently I think I would be OK with it being best for hunting light transports.

My thinking is that because it's big, and new, it will draw fire more than anything else, but until I've played a few games with one (or a proxy of one) I don't know how they will shake out.

The thing looks like a warjack because privateer press creators originated from games workshop and so technically its completley original... in my personal opinion.

Yup, and while I love me my warmahordes, there are some awkward similarities, like the two red armies Skorne and Khador(my personal warmahordes army btw) being close combat armies that tend to eschew normal ranged weaponry for mid-range shotgun style weapons and heavy artillery. Seems awful similar to some of my favorite 40k things. And there are other similarities. But yeah, what do you expect from a group of disgruntled GW employees attempting to do the job in what they consider to be a better or more compelling way in order to become gruntled?

addendum: Khorne dedicated w/ base loadout, or swittch one claw for the butcher cannon

Hey thanks Im glad somone agrees with me I just had to speak up for GW and FW you know?

Yeah but at least you don't have to worry about the Siege Claws tearing into your own troops.

Uh, a chaos dread will never CC an ally- they just shoot 'em alot.

Hey thanks Im glad somone agrees with me I just had to speak up for GW and FW you know?

No, not really. Don't get me wrong, I think they make a great game, but they make really poor business choices, and I kinda feel they deserve whatever comes their way. But then again, I do like to make sure credit is given where credit is due, so I guess I see it.

But yeah, not sure I'd use this guy normally, just for the WS/BS 4 and the cheapness I'd rather have a chaos dread, the faq clarifying we use the gun's LoS for fire frenzy makes it viable enough, I'd probably proxy this guy as a chaos dread or run his own rules, but just for fluffy/fun games.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting that they've released a bit for a heavy conversion beamer for this thing, but it can't take a heavy conversion beamer as a weapon option according to the experimental rules as they currently stand. I think I'll stick to the butcher cannon + storm laser combo idea.

They added the heavy conversion beamer! Has the same non-Relentless issue as the Contemptor when using it though, so unless you're rigging it for long-range fire support there's not a lot of sense in taking it, and Decimator can't rack havoc launchers so you're not going to get as much out of it as with a Contemptor.

They added the heavy conversion beamer! Has the same non-Relentless issue as the Contemptor when using it though

What issues dose it have? I'm not sure about the rules for the conversion beamer on the Contemptor or the Decimator but shouldn't they be ok because they're walkers?

They added the heavy conversion beamer! Has the same non-Relentless issue as the Contemptor when using it though

What issues dose it have? I'm not sure about the rules for the conversion beamer on the Contemptor or the Decimator but shouldn't they be ok because they're walkers?

Yeah, it's Heavy even for a Walker, the weapon has the following Special Rule:

Firing Calibration: The power requirements and calibrations needed by a Heavy Conversion Beamer mean that the Decimator cannot move and fire this weapon in the same turn, despite being a Walker.

Archived