Big Giant Wulfen

reaper_man

First things first, I thought I should introduce myself. My name is James and I've been signed upto the B&C for ages, but never really felt confident enough to post much. With the winter pack advance in the space wolf area and with Sword Brethren's 'challenge accepted' I feel like I should start my own topic. I've been playing 40k since Rogue Trader and been playing Space Wolves since early 3rd Ed. When the eye of terror codex came out, I jumped on the chance to make 13th Company and was relatively successful with them (I converted a lot of plastic wulfen models). That army has expanded from about 1000pts to around the 4-5k mark.

Right, now talking about the models. I have 3 different varieties of thunderwolves now. The first I built where fairly simple conversions using the White Lions from the high elf range. They worked well and where simple, but they wherent that interesting to look at. I now have some of the new ones. The other variety I have is very large wulfen-using the vargheist/crypt horror models from the Vampire Counts range.

WiP

gallery_18769_7053_235591.jpg

Almost finished

gallery_18769_7053_32166.jpg

Well, I wanted a suitable character to go with them. I have one for my 'White Lion' unit and I will have one for my standard thunder wolves. I've seen a couple of models similar to this one, so this is what I came up with.

gallery_18769_7053_3035.jpg

gallery_18769_7053_70211.jpg

It uses a daemon prince that was originally for a chaos marine army that never got finished. The spare thunderwolf head from the box set fits pretty well on the neck join-just needs green stuff to make it look better.

It is still very WiP. Also, my camera is shockingly old-which is why the pictures arent great.

I hope you enjoy them, any comments are more than welcome.

I know what you mean. The only problem is I will be using him as a Wolf Guard Battle Leader on a thunderwolf, armed with a frost blade and storm shield. It fits vaguelly with WYSIWYG.

Also, I used to play a lot of werewolf the apocalypse when I was at uni-which had werewolves running round with swords and guns.

If I did lose the sword, what should I replace it with? Just claws or another weapon of some sort (i.e. the big axe from the daemon prince kit).

Love it, but this tread will be shut down anytime (Unless the Mod just didn't like me) cause I posted something very close, and was told "This is not PA" and had it closed down (thanks)....

I can't say whether or not this is the case. If you don't think it fits, then report it. I'm not the PCA mod, so it's not within my authority to approve or disapprove it ;)

@Dark Apostle Thirst-I understand what you mean about the daemon prince one being to big to be a 'wulfen' thunderwolf. I built him to just look a little bit better than the vargheist/crypt horrors who I am using at thunderwolf cavalry. After listening to the audio book 'Thunder from Fenris',

it mentioned Hagni the wulfen being larger than a normal marine (I think it was 3 metres, to a marines 2)

, which these guys are slightly bulkier. Modelwise, they are both roughly similar in height to the new thunderwolf cavalry models-which means that it works ok for lines of sight. Thats my reasoning behind it, but I fully respect it if you arent a fan.

@Tybrus-Both those models are being used to represent units from the Space Wolf codex-a thunderwolf cavalry with powerfist and a wolf guard battle leader on a thunderwolf, both of which are power armoured units. As far as I know there isnt a reason why the PCA mods should take exception to this (I hope so at least) as they are being used to show things from a space marine codex.

Archived