a red thirst/black rage sticky please?

after reading a post on the blood angels 'ethnicity' or inspirations, i noticed a BA player, whose post about the BA blood drinking habits totally merging the RT and BR.

i may not be the right person to write said sticky, but it seems as time goes on people seem to understand the dual curses less and less.

i ask for this sticky simply to preserve the history of the fluff even if GW is trying to merge the two purposely (i don't see it that way, but maybe thats why less people seem to understand the differences.)

any way here's a quick summary of curses

Red Thirst- urge to drink blood, a brother can drink blood to calm the urge with out 'falling' to it, but a brother can fall to the thirst and degenerate into a mindless cannibal like creature whose only thought is to drink the blood of the living, those who fall are locked in the tower of amereo. red thrist was known of within the chapter before the death of sanguinius

Black Rage- the onset of visions from the horus heresy causing the brother to believe himself to be sanguinius fighting his way through horus' battlebarge and fighting horus himself. the rage is 'suppressed' in a fashion by constantly focusing attention on craftsmanship and combat prowess. only one brother (according to codex) has ever totally overcome the rage, that brother being brother calistarius who was thus reborn as chief librarian mephiston. the black rage occured after sanguinius' death and is believed to be the cause of the black rage. there is one account of a black rage-esque occurance before the primarch's death, when he was struck down by a deamon (can't remember his name) during battle and all brothers present were sent into a rage.

just a short easy to understand summary, i know some where some one on this sub forum can write a more eloquent and concise summation of the curses and their differences.

Archived