for those pro-vampire players...

So why did Mephy get super powers? I'm trying to justify my fluff, which involves the Blood Angels quite a bit.

It has my Emperor's Champion getting a joint vision from Sanguinius, Dorn, and The Emperor, rather than the normal Emperor deal. They speak to him about a specific planet system, and then disappear.

Basically, his Crusade makes planetfall, and saves a squad of Blood Angels from getting wiped out. The leader of the Blood Angels is just beginning to succumb to the Black Rage, but my Champion (who sports massive black angel wings) is seen as a vision of Sanguinius.

The Blood Angel commander (or possibly chaplain) starts speaking to him as if he were a Blood Angel's Legion officer, and mentions"Dorn's Plan" One group in the Imperial Fists/Sucessor Chapters believe that Dorn is not dead, and this conversation lends credence to that claim, so through Sanguinius shennanigans, the Champion pulls the Commander back from the edge, and they join up to go find Dorn.

Is this consistent with the way Blood Angel fluff works?

no one knows why he got the super powers. could be one of any number of theories. some say he's become sanguinius reincarnate, and some say the complete opposite, and that he's becoming possessed by a deamon, it could be as simple as the extra mental focus he learned from controlling the rage has allowed him to make his own powers more potent.

Archived