Khan Strategy, need advice.

Stormshadow

I am developing the strategy around a Khan list and would very much appreciate some input on how to make the actual list.

The overall idea is to outflank a land raider with Assault Terminators and Khan. And thus enticing the opponent to clump together in the middle of the board. The rest of the army should be constructed to capitalize on this in any way possible.

So if I have Khan, a land raider and the Terminators that’s 610p. What should the rest of the 1750p army be composed of, to be able to harass an opponent that is avoiding the edges of the board like the plague?

There's a current thread on Khan just a little further down on this very page:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=248011

Most people don't take him for bike armies so a lot of that is valid even though the OP wanted non-bike tactics.

There's also a couple of Khan threads on the first page of army list forum for C:SM IIRC.

Thank you for the information. But my question is actually not abbot making a Khan army. It is about what units to take to be more effective against an enemy that deploys and keeps to the center of the board. Vindicators and flanking (not outflanking) Devastators come to mind… are there any other sugestions?

Thank you for the information. But my question is actually not abbot making a Khan army. It is about what units to take to be more effective against an enemy that deploys and keeps to the center of the board. Vindicators and flanking (not outflanking) Devastators come to mind… are there any other sugestions?

Attack one side. If you enemy has castled up in one area, attack only one flank. Once the enemy is engaged on one side, the opposite side both has its fire lanes clogged and takes longer to maneuver and react around the engaged flank.

I am developing the strategy around a Khan list and would very much appreciate some input on how to make the actual list.

That was what I saw, making a Khan list. But I was tired and in a rush, so may have misunderstood, that was what stuck in my mind when posting, my apologies.

Bascially, what ShinyRhino says. Also, perhaps deploy some units not Outflanking, your heavy hitters, who can engage the entire enemy army head on as they fear the Outflankers. Works for my outflank army so could work for you.

Archived