Lemartes

Nickos

Now we all know lemartes is a huge wrecking ball, Taking on almost everything and coming out the other side.

The only problem i see is that he has a jump pack. Meaning you have to take death company with jump packs. And we all know that costs a lot of points. So what i was thinking was to put 6 or 10 death company in a rhino/razorback and have lemartes jumping behind. Im sure some people will say thats a stupid idea, but its just an idea, and i want to know what you guys think. If you don't like it, tell me why. Or give me something else to think about. If you do like it thats great.

Hope everyone is having fun beating everything else.

Thanks for any comments left.

Now we all know lemartes is a huge wrecking ball, Taking on almost everything and coming out the other side.

The only problem i see is that he has a jump pack. Meaning you have to take death company with jump packs. And we all know that costs a lot of points. So what i was thinking was to put 6 or 10 death company in a rhino/razorback and have lemartes jumping behind. Im sure some people will say thats a stupid idea, but its just an idea, iand i want to know what you guys think. If you don't like it, tell me why. Or give me something else to think about. If you do like it thats great.

1. You don't have to take all-JP DC, you can buy Lemartes and DC without JP and put them in a SR for example.

2. I'm pretty sure your idea is illegal, the whole squad must be able to embark on the transport, or else it simply can't. So there you are, a Razorback and footslogging DC. Good luck. ;)

From a fluffy PoV, it's not very sense-making as well. I'd say go with all JP, drop Lemartes for a normal Chappy and put the unit in a rhino/RB or use the Stormraven.

I've been using JP DC since I played Blood Angels, and even now, they are simply devastating. Give it a try! :P

Snorri

Lemartes is an upgrade for the death company. As such you will have to buy 3 DC marines for him, the dc models in the rhino, and Astorath to be able to field multiple DC units.

If you want to transport the DC either get a stormraven, or jump pack-less chaplain.

Lemartes is an upgrade for the death company. As such you will have to buy 3 DC marines for him, the dc models in the rhino, and Astorath to be able to field multiple DC units.

If you want to transport the DC either get a stormraven, or jump pack-less chaplain.

So if I'm reading you right, you can't transport Lemartes and (10) non-JP death co. in a stormraven? Is that right?

You can transport lemartes (2 slots) and 10 non-JP DC (1 slot each) in a Stormraven (12 slot capacity.)

this. BUT. youd move at the slowest pace, as in no jumping with lemy :ph34r:

It's worth it, I think. The unit will absolutely destroy anything, and thanks to the SR it has maximum mobility to hit enemy lines turn 2/3. If you're already there, it doesn't matter if you have 6" or 12" movement, you'll be in their face anyways. ;)

Snorri

You can transport lemartes (2 slots) and 10 non-JP DC (1 slot each) in a Stormraven (12 slot capacity.)

this. BUT. youd move at the slowest pace, as in no jumping with lemy ;)

It's worth it, I think. The unit will absolutely destroy anything, and thanks to the SR it has maximum mobility to hit enemy lines turn 2/3. If you're already there, it doesn't matter if you have 6" or 12" movement, you'll be in their face anyways. :)

Snorri

I agree with Snorri here, its worth it. Though you could use a Reclusiarch with the DC and not have to buy another HQ. But if you plan to take another HQ anyway, Lemartes is worth it.

this. BUT. youd move at the slowest pace, as in no jumping with lemy ;)

It's worth it, I think. The unit will absolutely destroy anything, and thanks to the SR it has maximum mobility to hit enemy lines turn 2/3. If you're already there, it doesn't matter if you have 6" or 12" movement, you'll be in their face anyways. :huh:

Snorri

I agree with Snorri here, its worth it. Though you could use a Reclusiarch with the DC and not have to buy another HQ. But if you plan to take another HQ anyway, Lemartes is worth it.

i wasent saying lemy wasent worth it :) merely saying that he could only move 6 inches :huh:

other hq, defenitly take lemy. try to get that first wound on him asap and see him wipe half a unit on his own :lol:

If you insist on playing Death Company, why wouldn't you take Lemartes?

5 DC with Jump Packs and Lemartes in a Storm Raven is a beautiful thing. Expensive as The Emperor's Golden Throne, but watch as your opponent trembles in fear that he will get charged by them. Or he will cackle manically and shoot down, then wipe out the 600+ point unit. :) In fun games, this unit is a blast.

A more traditional 'Death Star' style unit is 10 DC + Lemartes and a DC Dread in a Storm Raven is it. I love using Astroboi (Astorath), but haven't attached him to my DC- with Lemartes, it just doesn't seem like he needs to be in the unit (not to mention Rage...). One rule I would have loved to have seen on Astroboi is that he calms down DC- when he joins them, they lose Rage. Then we would have seen all DC armies. ;)

Main reason I don't use Lemartes often is my DC are almost always in a rhino.

That doesn't seem like a viable option, being that you can't assault out of a rhino.

Perfectly viable.

And you totally can. Just not after it moves.

You have a 15" charge range from a Rhino. Not bad at all. Only 3 less than from jumpers.

Main reason I don't use Lemartes often is my DC are almost always in a rhino.

That doesn't seem like a viable option, being that you can't assault out of a rhino.

Perfectly viable.

And you totally can. Just not after it moves.

You have a 15" charge range from a Rhino. Not bad at all. Only 3 less than from jumpers.

im not sure i follow mate ^_^

if you cant charge out of a rhino how can your charge range be 15 inch? unless you mean: 2 inch disembark, 6 inch run, and 6 inch charge?

6" move, 6" assault, 1" base, 2" disembark. just under 15 inches total.

Exactly.

I did this to someone in my last game. They deepstruck near a rhino, attempting to melta another vehicle, figuring they were safe since I was in teh rhino. They meltad my Vindicator (taking off the big gun I believe) and I disembarked and assaulted.

The only problem i see is that he has a jump pack. Meaning you have to take death company with jump packs. And we all know that costs a lot of points. So what i was thinking was to put 6 or 10 death company in a rhino/razorback and have lemartes jumping behind. Im sure some people will say thats a stupid idea, but its just an idea, and i want to know what you guys think. If you don't like it, tell me why. Or give me something else to think about. If you do like it thats great.

Add another 6" if you have jump packs, thats a 20" inch lethal radius.

Storm raven 24" flatout, next turn assault up to 20" total area of threat is around 40" to 44" in 2 turns. Lemartes is awesome from your Rhino/Razorback but put him in a Stromraven and he is even better.

The only mistake you can ever make with jumppacker Death Company is leaving them too long in the transport and not enough time assaulting.

Add another 6" if you have jump packs, thats a 20" inch lethal radius.

Storm raven 24" flatout, next turn assault up to 20" total area of threat is around 40" to 44" in 2 turns. Lemartes is awesome from your Rhino/Razorback but put him in a Stromraven and he is even better.

The only mistake you can ever make with jumppacker Death Company is leaving them too long in the transport and not enough time assaulting.

If you have JP, your threat range is 18" without a transport. With a transport(SR) it is 12" + 2" + 1" + 6" = 21" if my math fu is strong(which is not always the case!).

Remember that JP units can't embark on normal transports, mate!

Put some jump-packs on the DC. You don't have to to take Lemartes but why wouldn't you. Deep strike them where you want them. This is by far the simplest solution.

This is a good way to get them into the game. If you have cover available, even better yet. Drop them and hear your opponent's lamentation when half his army fires at them without succcess, only to be taken apart piece by piece in the following turn.

Snorri

Archived