Contemptor & Stormraven possible?

Cambodia

Hi guy's, im a newb and still struggle with rules, tryin to work out a new list and im stuck with this.

Is it(officially) possible to transport a contemptor dred inside a stormraven?

Also

What are some good loadouts for the contemptor dred?

Many thanks in advance

Cam

Officially (Games Workshop) : No. The Contemptor Dreadnought is not a Games Workshop Codex-legal unit, and therefore can't be used in an Official game.

Officially (Forge World rules allowed) : If you have opponent's consent to use Forge World rules - No. The Storm Raven carries a squad and 1 Dreadnought. The unit type of the Contemptor Dreadnought is "1 Contemptor Dreadnought", so it is not the same as a Codex Dreadnought with the unit type "1 Dreadnought".

Unofficially : If you have opponent's consent to use Forge World rules, then you probably have an opponent and a gaming group which is pretty much "Rule of Cool" compliant. In this case, ask them - I personnaly would allow it, and if I felt it was being played abusively I would just ask that you not play it "unFluffy" or use my own "OTT" Forge World combinations.

Its all up to the context of the game. There is no real "official" anything. If you are using FW units then you and your mates have to decide how they intereact with the normal rules. I would allow it...but again its up to you guys.

@Dswanick

umm if it says 1 dreadnout how can it carry a furioso or a deach company dread?

Your specific allegation is that the SR can only carry 1 Dreadnought, and since the Contemptor is "1 Contemptor Dreadnought" it cannot be carried. By the same logic the SR now could not carry "1 Furioso Dreadnought" or "1 Death Company Dreadnought"

umm if it says 1 dreadnout how can it carry a furioso or a deach company dread?

Your specific allegation is that the SR can only carry 1 Dreadnought, and since the Contemptor is "1 Contemptor Dreadnought" it cannot be carried. By the same logic the SR now could not carry "1 Furioso Dreadnought" or "1 Death Company Dreadnought"

Look at the Unit Composition of each of those - they are both "1 Dreadnought" regardless of flavor. :lol:

Hey guys cheers for the response's, which i cant believe i totally forgot about FW & GW Compatibility duh!

So now to the second question what are some of the best loadouts for a contemptor dred???

Im hoping to make mine Daenyathos of the Soul Drinkers.

also since nothing says you can, the general way to go is assume you cant...

i mean, theres nothing that states that i specificly CANT equip my tacticals with Eldar brightlances, but nothing says i can either, hence i cant

To play devil's advocate, I thought there is a rule that does not allow you to cross codecii. Since brightlances are not an option to be taken or equipped in any way shape or form in the space marine codex, but it is in the eldar codex, that is the reason you cannot equip them on your tactical squads.

Archived