Renegade Night Lord army

Hi, i'm new to the forum, tought i've been lurking here for some time already.

So, I've had an idea for a night lord army i'd like to do. I'm doing a battle-group of night lord that had to separate themselves from the rest of the legion because they started worshipping chaos gods... more than what is permitted! Because of that, they are left with very little ressources and are very deseperate to get their hand on some loot or some ally. To that end, my Tzeentch sorcerer has managed a plan to get help from a Alpha legion cell (don't ask me how, I still didn't figure that out myself, Tzeentch thing and everything) and now he is on his way to building his own warband.

Altought I can't say this is the better fluff i've ever heard, I thought this was a pretty good approach to a night lord army that use icon of chaos gods. Also, like this I can feel good about having Night Lords and Alpha Legion in my army. I you gentlemen have any other ideas, I would be very very glad to hear them!

I also started painting my first squad. Actually those are old model that I repainted, so please be kind on the quality.

gallery_66295_7058_182486.jpg

I will absolutly not leave the base like that, i'm just trying to finish painting a couple other dude before so I can do a bunch of base at once.

You may noticed something strange in the aspiring champion eye. He survived a bolt pistol round to the head, but that left some damage to his helmet. He keeps it nonetheless because it's scarier that way.

gallery_66295_7058_658313.jpg

Here is a picture of the group's techmarine. He count as a normal csm w/ a meltagun. He was made by extensive kitbashing.

More are to come. Comment and critism are welcome. I hope to entertain or inspire a few of you.

Hmm on the fluff front, maybe you could write it as they were approached by the Alpha Legion Cell for reasons currently unknown. In exchange for supplies and information(you can decide what for if any) they simply fight alongside the cell whenever they are asked to.

By the way, the minis look rad!

Thank, i'll try to post more once I get my camera back.

Right now i'm working on my first alpha legionnaire. The way I see it, they are the ones who will have the big guns, and so they will have havoc squad, termi, etc

while the night lords will get the raptor, cult troops, etc.

I'm doing a battle-group of night lord that had to separate themselves from the rest of the legion because they started worshipping chaos gods... more than what is permitted!

Well worshiping Chaos and Chaos Gods isn't permitted by the Night Lords, as far as I know. Furthermore, the most powerful Night Lord - Krieg Acerbus - is a Daemon Prince and he worships Chaos... in some way...

Though there are nice ideas about champs helmet and techmarine 'count as meltaguner'. Nice work.

DV

It's a regal blue with a sort-of 70 mordian blue/30 skull white highlight, and heavy badab black wash to give it a dirtied look.

And thank for the positive comment, they inspire me to continue ^_^

I'll do some tac-squad and then some termies and raptors next.

Sorry for the long wait. I didn't have my camera for a while so I couldn't take any picture. So now i'm back, and it's UPDATE TIME!

So i'll begin by my two test model for my alpha legion tactical-squad. I'm pretty happy with the result. Again I will redo the base here so they look more complete.

gallery_66295_7058_707826.jpg

I just primed my raptor aspiring champion. Also, you can see here the biggest bolt pistol ever made. Wrist-mounted for your convenience, and dakka enought to scare anyone.

gallery_66295_7058_673264.jpg

I added a longer cloak in addition to his robe so that he look more like he's flying. You can see it here.

gallery_66295_7058_410316.jpg

I am also working on a squad of chosen chaos space marine Fallen Angels. There's a couple guys of those not in the picture that i'll show when they are finished. Don't worry, i know the bearded guy's got no feature right now. He is still not finished.

gallery_66295_7058_706847.jpg

gallery_66295_7058_1022198.jpg

gallery_66295_7058_701275.jpg

gallery_66295_7058_1094605.jpg

Oh yeah, and I forgot the fluff for the Fallen Angels group. Well they are in pretty much the same position as the Night Lord Broken Claw. (I think that's what i'm going to call the Night Lords from now on, following the fact that they left the legion for personnal gain. More fluff will come regarding that later) They are hunted by their own group, and need all the manpower they can find to survive. They first had an encounter with the Broken Claw and were going to battle, determined to at least die fighting, when the Sorcerer that command the Broken Claw saw an oppoturnity for a group of experienced fighter at his side. He contacted their leader and offered them a place at his side in his warband, where they would be free to take revenge upon the Dark Angels.

So as of right now my warband continue to grow in number and in disparity. I think i'll continue along that way and try to include element from all sort of group in the warband, such a group of warrior from certain warband, weapon looted from imperial troop, etc. My warband is a ragtag group of egoistic manic who all fight to rise to power, and i'll try to represent that to the best of my ability.

Liking the Fantasy Chaos Warriors for the Fallen, though aren't the Fallen meant to be black? Considering they fell just after the heresy, and the I Legion still had their black armour. Though ultimately, their your models and looking forward to the next update.

yeah, I know, they're suppose to be black, but I learned that right after I painted the second one and I didn't want to change them.

But I like the idea that they want to mock their loyalist brethen. Even better, they will fight on imperial world under the false name of the Dark Angels and go to great lenght to make themselves know, to give bad rep to their loyalist counterpart. I like it!

• 3 weeks later...

VoidBaron reporting in for an UPDATE TIME! Also, I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me pointers, tips, advices and opinions. Be as harsh as you can, I can handle it :) . I won't improve otherwise, and I get the feeling that there is a lot of room for amelioration on my painting.

Here's basically what I have been doing for most of the models. This is one of my old model before it was repainted

gallery_66295_7058_206742.jpg

and this is after it's new coat of paint.

gallery_66295_7058_906622.jpg

The models that were repainted are only the basic chaos space marine, and the alpha legion guys were also repainted. All others are on their first coat of paint.

I also finished the raptor aspiring champion and one aspiring sorcerer for my squad of rubric marine.

gallery_66295_7058_12582.jpg

gallery_66295_7058_526207.jpg

I also got my hand on a cheap grey knight purifier squad, and so I used their bitz to make a sort-of elite squad of night lords but I think i'll still play them counting as normal CSM, just with added bitz and trophy.

The dedicated ranged guy, A La John Woo!

gallery_66295_7058_1073211.jpg

The dedicated melee.

gallery_66295_7058_59818.jpg

The flag-bearer

gallery_66295_7058_409884.jpg

The apothecary, with his combat-shield.

gallery_66295_7058_13951.jpg

and the badass leader, with power weapon and plasma pistol.

gallery_66295_7058_253440.jpg

I had a LOT of fun doing these guys and playing the game : how much can I defile a grey knight armor before it's chaos enought for a night lords killteam?There is still some WIP to do on them but they are mostly done. I also can't wait to paint them, but I ran out of primer so that will have to wait a while.

Finally, I also have a squad of khorne berserker that I need to paint. The thing is that i'm really tired of seeing world eater berserker, and I tried searching for alternate painting scheme but didn't find any to my liking. So if any of you gentlement could provide a nice paint scheme or have any idea, i'd be really gratefull!

Archived