Arkio the Blessed

Jupiter Forge

Hi again,

My second post is about my "Made from the books" range which I plan on doing more of in the future. I bought 300 euros worth of WH40k novels and I intend to make a character based on each of the chapters in the books; some may be the main characters, some may just be "Random Marine from the Chapter". There will be mostly Loyalist Marines but some of the books are based on Chaos so there will be ones like Blood Gorgons in there.

But, the model I present here is "Arkio the Blessed" - the Chaos Seduced Blood Angel.

gallery_66334_7065_53644.jpg

Ok, I know the face is fluffed up... I am really bad at faces. My hand-eye is really fail with things like eye and mouth detail. His glaive was converted from two different Honour Guard weapons and his Stormbolter is from the Grey Knights sprue... and I was a little drunk when fixing it together (drink and kitbashing do not mix) so if you saw it from behind you'd see that the hand which is glued on seperately... is the wrong way around. Thank god you only see that when you really look hard from an angle!

gallery_66334_7065_28088.jpg

I had intended to glue the wings on at a higher angle, however due to the aforementioned drunken kitbashing that wasn't possible due to the backpack and shoulder angle. So it looks a bit of an odd angle from the back, though pretty good from the front. The wings I'm especially proud of for the colours. As though most Blood Angels would see them as pure, I did them in a way so they look a little grimey with the taint of chaos.

gallery_66334_7065_3256.jpg

Just a shoulderpad, not much to see here.

gallery_66334_7065_18584.jpg

The feathered shoulderpad; I really like these from the Honour Guard and I think it came out pretty well. The neck and inside of the armour there failed with the glue when I tried to get it in position, which attests to the horrible white patch.

Well that's Arkio. Thanks for looking!

- J.F.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived