Night Lord - Winged Helms or not?

Vrell

You can do it however you want. There is no fluff saying they always wear winged helms. In fact the fluff depicts them as a ceremonial thing. Think of it as a sort of "dress" uniform. The majority of marines in the fluff use some kind of terror marking, but there is nothing that says you need tons of those either. Warbands are entirely unique and outside the legion of descent's regulations when it comes to heraldry.

I use a mix of terror markings, and blank blue helms for mine, some have thunderbolts. None have wings, but that is because I don't care for the ones that come with the kit.

Also, congrats on picking an awesome lineage for your new Warband!

I like the idea of winged helms but not the GW metal versions. I think that if they were smaller and more swept back like the DA ones it might work though. In addition to painting terror markings on their helmets they also attached parts of alien skulls on their helmets as well. Something like an alien jaw bone attached to the visor of a NL helmet would look pretty cool.

Mk VI marine helmets are great for terror markings.

Personally i prefer regular helmets with the deaths head painted on. Wings can be cool but as others have said smaller is better. The VC tomb guard box set has some really great wings that are perfect for NL helmets (as seen in 'Dan the Daemons' super awesome army).

Nice pictures. They helped me loads.

Just a idea i would like to share.

I got a Dark Angels Grand Master Azrael back pack a while ago. I carfully cut off the banner pole and made a mould of the power pack. Man it looks sweet on my test model. Due to the skulls it looks like a chaos Power pack .... it just has not "stretched" out to look like the chaos one....yet. I plan on making enough for my 3 squads.

Archived