Blood Angel honour guard

Nickos

Im going to build my first honour guard. I was watching a video, where the honour guard so much stuff, i just had to have some.

So on that point, I was wondering what miniatures you use for your honour guard, and how you equip them.

Cheers

I'm currently building mine using some blinged up Forgeworld armour (corvus because it's quite fluffy for my dudes) and I am arming them with 4 x plasmaguns and some fancy jump packs. I'm considering magetizing some storm shields and running them with my version of Dante (for his hit and run ability so they don't get stuck in combat)

SG and DC bits (the SG helmets or bare heads) for the main. Then nice models which grab me, bits of DA (I love their angel shield), the old bareheaded standard bearer, parts of the command squad and the SM commander. They should look very distinctive compared with other troops, only a step down in bling from the SG and commanders.

SG and DC bits (the SG helmets or bare heads) for the main. Then nice models which grab me, bits of DA (I love their angel shield), the old bareheaded standard bearer, parts of the command squad and the SM commander. They should look very distinctive compared with other troops, only a step down in bling from the SG and commanders.

I just use normal assault models and the Sanguinary Priest from the Honour Guard box set. Yep, that was a while ago now and you can't really buy the honour guard box set anymore.

I had a game last week with a squad and I deepstriked behind a Vindicator and blew it away.

I like Sang Guard heads as well. But fir the bodies I use regular marines. Assuming that HG are seconded from different companies, one can include promoted assault sarges and veterans. So basically my HG squad will consist of three normal marines, one ornate veteran (DC torso and legs) and Sanguinary Novitiate (DC bits entirely).

As for the weapons I use plasma guns and I covert them so they are attached to the arm (like on John Blanche's picture). I'm on my cell phone now so don't have any links or photos to post, but if you follow the BA WIP kinky in my signature, you might the two of my Honour Guards.

Cheers!

I roll mine with plasma guns, my opponents tend to throw their assault terminators at my assault marines, so I've been trying to intercept them with plasma death, its working pretty well thus far :D

As for how I modeled then I'm using the company champion torso and helmet form the command sprue, death company arms and legs with sanguine guard winged jump packs.

I've uploaded a photo...

IMG_20120322_124913.jpg

I roll mine with plasma guns, my opponents tend to throw their assault terminators at my assault marines, so I've been trying to intercept them with plasma death, its working pretty well thus far :D

As for how I modeled then I'm using the company champion torso and helmet form the command sprue, death company arms and legs with sanguine guard winged jump packs.

I've been using the Command box and the Death Company box to make my Sanguinary Priests. I just use the rest of the bits to make up some Death COmpany models and Assault Jump Pack Models who look like Veterans.

I was also thinking of using the Death Company box and some bolters from Forge World to make up some Sternguard.

Archived