Non BA models in BA army

Let me explain, I have an Emperors Champ I bought and painted when they were first released. This colour scheme has inspired my BA successor chapter.

I'd like to field him as an Emperors Champ and the last rules I can find state other chapters other than BT can field him, I wondered if that was still the case, can I field him if I wanted to?

Also I love the LR Ares (since I can't have a LD achilles) and would love to take one, and a Terminus Ultra would be nice :)

It got me thinking what other non BA codex stuff can I take with a BA army?

Cheers guys

Well, you can use the Emperor's Champion model, perhaps as a Captain or a Vanguard sergeant or something like that.

I'm not sure on the Imperial Armor stuff as to which items we can or can't take. But any use of FW rules will require opponent's permission anyway.

Yeah I know FW will require opp's permission, but it's usually only my friends I play against.

I'd prefer to take the Emp's Champ as himself rather than a cap or sarg if poss. I was hoping someone here could shed some light on the subject. I'm sure my friends wouldn't begrudge me taking him but it'd be nice to know.

I'd like to field him as an Emperors Champ and the last rules I can find state other chapters other than BT can field him, I wondered if that was still the case, can I field him if I wanted to?

That sounds like the original rules from 3rd edition which are no longer current, these days only Black Templars can field them ruleswise.

The Ares and the Terminus Ultra are both Apocalypse units and can only be used Apocalypse games - where you can field anything you want including Orks, Tyranids and Land Raider Achilles.

I love the model. Mine wears Dante's jump-pack and is a JP Captain or VV Sergeant, or sometimes Blood Champion as required.

How about using BT Codex with your army when you want to use the Champion? Opps would probably complain about mixing units from different Codexes unless you have a carefully constructed campaign. BT get different advantages to offset not having Librarians, for example, which we get in spades.

Or you could just drop Blood Angels altogether, and come over to the Templar side...We have lots of fun.

I say just use it like it was meant to be, as an HQ. Say that it uses one of the other Blood Angel HQ statlines, but justify his presence with fluff. Counts As is your friend here. I'm in the opposite boat, as I'm using BA's in my Templar Crusade.

That sounds like the original rules from 3rd edition which are no longer current, these days only Black Templars can field them ruleswise.

The Ares and the Terminus Ultra are both Apocalypse units and can only be used Apocalypse games - where you can field anything you want including Orks, Tyranids and Land Raider Achilles.

Yeah it was the original rules I quoted, Sadface I can't use him as an Emp Champ.

Also I'm pretty sure it says in the IA book that BA can't take a LR Achilles.

@Grey Knight Purifier - I thought about BT for an army, like the fluff, not so keen on the army composition. I'll wait and see what your new codex is like (If you ever get one) before I make any army changes.

@JamesI - Yeah he probably would, will look into that thanks

You can't take an Achilles using Codex: Blood Angels in the same way you can't use Orks or Tyrands in a Codex: Blood Angels army, Apocalypse however allows you to field absolutely anything you want from any codex.

You can't take an Achilles using Codex: Blood Angels in the same way you can't use Orks or Tyrands in a Codex: Blood Angels army, Apocalypse however allows you to field absolutely anything you want from any codex.

Well the version of the rules I've seen on the LR Achilles says it's a heavy support choice for codex Space Marines, Black Templars, Space Wolves or Dark Angels. There is a distinct lack of mention of the BA codex, which means to me that BA can't take them.

Well the version of the rules I've seen on the LR Achilles says it's a heavy support choice for codex Space Marines, Black Templars, Space Wolves or Dark Angels. There is a distinct lack of mention of the BA codex, which means to me that BA can't take them.

Yes you are absolutely correct.. and I never contradicted that for a second. Regular games of 40k use a force organisation chart with slots and are chosen from a single army book, Apocalypse does not. I was simply trying to point out that ruleswise you are perfectly free to field a bright red blood dripping LR Achilles in any environment as you could field the Apocalypse-only Ares and Terminus Ultra.. which is also the only environment you could field an Emperors Champion using up to date rules.

Archived