Vanguard Veteran Sergeant

emvinus

Hello, I'm a 30something "relapsed" player from the UK, I've been lurking around the B&C for a few months now while I get my small BA force into shape but I thought I'd break cover to share this little chap with you.

The third of five Vanguard Veterans completed is Sergeant Mylos, along with his legendary Thunder Hammer Destructor.

gallery_66328_7063_35312.jpg

"You shall make your battle pledges upon this sacred war hammer. This hallowed weapon has fought in the hands of our greatest veterans. It has slain alien beasts and daemons alike. One day, you may be worthy enough to wield it. Until then, you may kneel before it."

"For Sanguinus!"

...is that a Dreadknight hammer?

It is indeed - it's been knocking around my bitz box for ages now, but the final spur was one of the guys in my local GW store telling me I'd never be able to model a power armour figure carrying it...he said it would have to be a Terminator at least. I was determined to prove him wrong.

Wicked conversion, very cool!

Many thanks.

Love the use of the FW jump packs too.

Not quite...see below

I think the jump pack is maximini? Hope so because I have just ordered some!! Nice conversion emvinus, looking forward to the rest of the squad.

Yep, it's the Maxmini Iron Pattern jump pack - I got five of them to kit out my Vanguard Vets (I'm using the DC packs for my RAS) and I've completed three of them so far. I'll post pics of the other two when I get home from work :)

Really amazing miniatures there !! I'm very impressed.

Thank you - I'm just starting to build a force but I'm very glad to be getting back into the hobby.

As a side note, the Mk 1 Rhino I've been using for scenery was captured by the Orks for about 15 years before I cleaned it up, repainted it and reconsecrated it in the name of the Emperor. I found I still had the chalice/blood drop transfers in my box, so it was a no-brainer as the transport of choice for my 1st Tactical squad. I even modelled it a new set of smoke launchers out of GS to replace the ones it had lost (those are the ones you can see on the right hand side of the pics above) I think I did a pretty good job for my first GS sculpting :)

I'm planning on doing much the same thing. I was gifted a box of metal VV, and got my hands on a set of maxmini packs, though not the iron ones. I just finished converting them to have lightning claws, with the sarge having a TH, and they all have storm shields. :)

I like your stuff though. I really want to get some of those gothic packs myself now. :D

@Midnight Runner - these are the other two Vets I've completed with the Maxmini backpacks:

They look sweet :) nice combo of bitz. Their jump packs look like they are sitting higher than the Sgt's or is that just the camera? Any chance of a side view to see how they look? Ta!

Archived